Chapter Four

Dear passengers, we kindly ask you to fasten your seat belt. We will soon arrive at Palma de Mallorca Airport.

"Oh my god! I can't believe we are nearly there. This week is going to be complete chaos!" Daisy turned her head towards me. Even if she whispered, I could tell she was holding herself back from shouting in the middle of the plane.

The consequences of this action would have been: scaring everyone, waking up kids and creating complete chaos before we even landed.

I shifted my look toward the tiny semi-oval mirror at my right, and the more we were going down, the more I could see the island and the sea kissing each side of it. The warm sun was projecting positive vibrations into my brain, and I could finally feel what Daisy felt a week before we started making suitcases.

I wonder what's going to happen this week. Are we going completely crazy? Are we meeting new people? Am I discovering some new truth?

The last question bombarded my brain for the previous 3 hours of the plane, wondering about Seb but not as much as I did the last week. I am in Mallorca now. I want to enjoy this time to the fullest and finally have the right amount of fun I deserve after 2 years of intense study for my scholarship.

"Look, Daisy, it looks incredible even from up here!" I point my finger to the houses, hotels and resorts we could see from the plane seats. Me and Daisy crossed eyes, and we knew we were ready for what would happen.

Or maybe I wasn't.

-

We landed safely and got out of the border controls without any issues. The house we rented had a private taxi service, so as soon as we walked out the airport door, I spotted a tall old man in his 50s holding a whiteboard with my surname on it. I turned my head over Daisy, Jack and Seb, showing them the taxi driver and slowly approaching him with our heavy suitcases.

"Hola! I'm Rachel. She is Daisy, Jack and Seb," I say while each of them shakes the hand of the taxi driver, aka, as we found out throughout the journey, the apartment's owner.

His English was perfect, but I wasn't surprised after he told us about his family history and life. He was born and raised in Tarragona but left for university and moved to America to study finance. He didn't really enjoy his time in America, and after his study, he moved to Palma de Mallorca to work as an accountant in a resort by the beach. Around his late 40s, he bought a house in the centre of town and wanted to go live there; however, he changed plans, and when the house was done, he changed it into a tourist apartment. With his striped white and light blue shirt and dark blue shorts with sandals, I would confuse him for a tourist or a lovely grandad picking up his grandson at school.

"We have arrived at the apartment" he stopped his car and helped us get our suitcases out. Luckily, the apartment has two floors (ground level and first floor with the rooms), so we don't have to drag our bags anywhere else. As soon as we walk in, I notice the open space kitchen and living room with a minimal white design, blue walls with pictures of the coast and shells in frames all around the house. There are two single beds bedrooms, but he said we can assemble them together if we want to.

He gives the keys to each one of us and leaves the apartment after a welcoming, warm hug.

"We are here, guys! We are finally here. I'm absolutely exhausted but electrified and ready to go out and explore, go to the beach, have a dri-" a not-so-tired Daisy starts jumping all over the room.

"Daisy, chill. Let us have a 4 hours nap now that we finally got here. You woke us up to get to the airport 5 hours before the flight," an exhausted Jack says while throwing his body on the white leather sofa in our new living room with a glass of water in his left hand and his phone in the right hand.

"Yes, I need to have a shower and rest. I don't feel like going out right now", Seb agrees with Jack while walking to our room with his and mine suitcase.

"Guys, you are all boring! Racheeeeeeeel, are you coming with me? Pleaseeeeee" She is begging me like a 5-year-old craving ice cream, but her parents don't allow her to have it.

"I'm sorry, but I need to rest too. We will go out tonight anyway!" I apologise and try to reassure you that tonight would be amazing either way.

"Okay, well, I'm going. I'll see you later!" Daisy says, waving at us while running to the entrance and closing the door behind her like she forgot we made this holiday.

I slowly walk towards my and Seb's room; I lean over the side of the door and look at his movements while he gently places his clothes in the wardrobe. His muscles flexing, his serious look like he has some business to solve, and his ginger hair going over his eyebrow, hiding his expression slightly, makes this scene even hotter than I would have ever imagined.

He doesn't even notice that I walk into the room, and I wonder what he is thinking, not to see that I was there with him. He was like a robot: luggage, clothes, fold, wardrobe, repeat.

He walks off the room without giving me a look, a stare, or a smile. Nothing.

Grab his beauty bag and close himself in the bathroom.

Is this holiday going to be all like this?

I sighed loudly while making my head fall on my pillow, and thought after thought, I finally fall asleep.