Chapter 9

November 5, 2015

Narrator Narrating

It was November 2015 and Lucas was heading home, when he got there, Ryan was waiting for him at the door.

“ Where have you been? asks Ryan.

" At Matheus' house ," Lucas replied.

“ I texted you the whole time, why didn't you reply? - Ryan questioned, while staring at Lucas with a slightly jealous look.

" The cell phone was dead, " Lucas said.

Ryan looked at Lucas and said:

“ You've been spending too much time with that hyena.

" I'm just helping him ," Lucas replied.

" You spend all your time with him!" Ryan said.

Are you jealous? Lucas asked.

“ Nooo, imagine. says Ryan, a little sarcastically.

Lucas enters his house and Ryan follows him.

“ You forgot our friendship. said the raccoon.

" I didn't forget, " Lucas replied.

" Then why don't you answer my messages anymore?" asks the raccoon again.

" I already told you my cell phone was dead!" Lucas replied.

Ryan stared at him, not quite buying the story.

" We need to help him, he's our friend ," said Lucas.

" I thought by 'us' you meant me and you, " Ryan said.

Stop being selfish, you only think about yourself! Lucas said.

I don't think so! Ryan said, and he was already getting irritated. Lucas goes upstairs and Ryan follows him.

“ Why can't you be like you used to be? Ryan asked.

“ For what?” To watch you and Micaele kissing? Lucas snapped.

Storyteller

Ryan fell in love with Micaele the fox and they were dating. Because of this, Ryan ended up moving away from Lucas a little, and Lucas getting closer to Matheus, but Ryan still liked Lucas a lot and from time to time they made out. Ryan was confused about his sexuality, as he enjoyed making out with both Micaele and Lucas.

Dating Micaele was getting worse and worse, she was very possessive and was putting Ryan against his friends.

Micaele, like a cunning fox, acted behind the scenes, pitting one student against the other. She enjoyed watching the circus burn. Nobody noticed anything. Once, one of Guilherme's notebooks disappeared and she had taken it and put it in Matheus' bag.

She suggested that all bags be searched and the notebook was found in Matheus' bag.

Matheus was beaten by Guilherme and the two became mortal enemies. Another time, mysterious letters appeared with drawings, with the name of a person who had written or notes with gossip like: “See that cat over there? Such a person said this about him.” The circus was on fire and Micaele appeared as a mediating girl, bringing peace.

Ryan even distrusted her a little, because whenever there was a mess she was always around. But Ryan refused to believe she was responsible because he was blinded by her love.

Back to Ryan and Lucas' discussion.

“ Come on Lucas, you know I like you ,” Ryan says.

" It's not what it seems, you only have eyes for her, " Lucas said, his face irritated.

" Look at that, jealous Luquinha is so cute, " said Ryan.

" I'm not jealous!" Lucas said, his face red with anger.

" Yeah, yeah ," Ryan said teasingly.

" I'm not!" says Lucas, now with a very thick voice and a very penetrating look.

Ryan is kind of freaked out by that.

“ Sorry ,” Lucas says.

“ I'm sorry, I say ,” Ryan said. “ I shouldn't have walked away from you, let's keep our secret.

" But until when?" — asked Lucas — I don't know if my parents would accept a gay son, and after all, what are we? Lucas asked.

At the same time, Ryan kisses him on the mouth, putting him against the wall and the two were making out.