Chapter 37 Leonardo's Past

Narrator Narrating

It was August 14, 1995, Leonardo was packing for his father, his father had been diagnosed with cancer and would have to be hospitalized, his chances of survival were very low. Leonardo was very fond of his father, because he had generated him at a slightly advanced age, he treated him as if he were his grandson.

His grandfather and father fought with each other for his education and that of the other two brothers, each wanted to mold them into their worldview.

While putting the clothes in the bag, Leonardo finds a diary, he doesn't open it right away, but he was curious about the object and put it in his pocket to read it later.

He finishes putting the clothes in the suitcase and walks to the car that was waiting for them outside, the atmosphere was very sad inside the vehicle. The grandfather was driving the car, and his mother was in front, Leonardo was behind with his brother and sister carrying the suitcase.

The sister was crying a little and the mother tried to console her, saying that everything was going to be fine, the grandfather was a little indifferent and didn't want to show his feelings.

Leonardo resembled his grandfather only in appearance a white wolf, but in personality he was docile and even a little naive and a bit silly.

[Time skip]
When the family arrives at the hospital

Leonardo immediately went to where his father was hospitalized and he was lying on a stretcher, he would soon undergo a procedure to remove the tumor from his throat.

Leonardo arrived hugging him and squeezing his father and licking his face while his brothers said — For Leonardo. It's going to be okay, you're like a kid acting like that. — his father hugged him too and said that everything was going to be okay.

" Promise you'll live?" Leonardo asks.

“ I promise. says the father.

Leonardo was very fond of his father and grandfather and was afraid of losing him, the brothers also liked their father, but not so much compared to him. The brothers hugged their father and when visiting hours ended Leonardo didn't want to leave, he wanted to stay with his father, he had even brought a suitcase with several clothes.

Leonardo is coming, he's only going to stay here for three days, he didn't need this pile of clothes. - said the mother with a light laugh.

The father also laughed, rubbing his son's head with his hand, visiting hours were over and the mother kissed the father goodbye with a kiss on the mouth and as they left the father waved at them, thinking — I think I've spoiled this boy, maybe the his grandfather was right, Leonardo needs to mature, he is very innocent for his age.

The group then returned to the car towards the house and continued to worry. As the car advanced into the road, Leonardo looked lost and worried looking at the sky. His sister holds his paw and says — It's going to be okay Leo.

Leonardo then squeezes his sister's paw and doesn't answer anything, but he had a bad feeling, as if something was going to happen to his father.

While he was lost in his thoughts, Leonardo asked — When are we going to meet my daddy's family?

“ Our grandmother died ,” says Theo.

" But what about her other relatives?" Leonardo asked. “ She should have relatives.

“ Every time we bring up this story, the father changes the subject. says the sister.

“ This is a mystery ,” says Theo.