Private Dancer (The Third Phase)

A/N Time to shift towards some fluffiness and a hint of smut (not explicit)

***

Draco asked his father to side-along them all to the Apparation point in The Lanes and then had the most memorable eight minutes of his life taking his father on the Muggle bus number 5A from North Street to the stop at Brunswick Place before they walked down to the square. His mother seemed to be enjoying herself immensely.

'It's certainly impressive,' said Lucius, looking up at the long terraces of tall white townhouses that edged Brunswick Square with their columns and their huge three-windowed rounded fronts that went from the ground floor to the roof like half-turrets.

The sea breeze whipped at his father's fancy coat as he turned to look at the magnificent Georgian Square with its beautiful communal garden in the middle. Draco could almost see his father nodding in approval as he took in the opulence and wealth of the area.

'Are they all complete townhouses?' Lucius asked.

'Some,' said Draco as he unlocked the front door and then had to hurriedly hang his coat over a pair of red fluffy handcuffs hanging nonchalantly on one of the coat hooks. He ushered his parents through the open entrance hall with its large fireplace, trying to hide the undoubtable flush creeping up his neck and cheeks.

He was going to actually kill Harry.

They went up to the sitting room on the first floor that overlooked the gardens. He flung open the balcony doors despite the coolness in the Autumn air, the room felt stifling, or perhaps that was just because his father was in his home or maybe it was because he was distracted by the handcuffs on the coat hooks downstairs. The first-floor balcony with its black wrought-iron railings ran the entire width of the house between the columned frontage. He stepped out to lean against the railings, his parents joining him.

'Some are flats, some are hotels. This one was divided into flats and rented out. It was fairly run down when Harry bought it. He handed it over to me to project manage the renovation.'

'It's beautiful,' Narcissa said, turning to admire the light, bright, sitting room with its tall ceiling from the balcony. 'You've done a beautiful job.'

Draco wouldn't deny that. It was, in his eyes, far more stunning and far less oppressive than the Gothic darkness of Malfoy Manor. And the view over the communal gardens that ran down towards the road and seafront were the perfect finish.

'This balcony's my favourite place, we often breakfast out here. I like to see the sea. And it's blissful to be able to walk together along the promenade in the evening. It feels like the sea breeze is blowing away the traumas of the past. Every day feels lighter.'

Lucius rolled his eyes.

It was at that moment an ancient House-Elf appeared, 'Is that you, Master Draco?' he said shakily.

'Yes, Mr Kreacher,' said Draco gently. 'I've brought my parents here for a visit. Harry said he would sort out our dinner. He was stopping by the shops on his way home.'

'Yes, Master Draco, he's already been home but went out again,' said Mr Kreacher, large milky eyes flicked wildly around the room to seek out the strangers.

'This is Kreacher?' gasped Narcissa. She rushed forward and knelt before him, hands outstretched to gently take his small hands in hers. 'Mr Kreacher, do you remember me? Narcissa... Narcissa Malfoy... Black... I used to visit Grimmauld Place when I was a little girl.'

'Of course, Miss Narcissa. Always such a pretty girl and very kind to Mr Kreacher. Mr Kreacher is very sorry he can't see your lovely face anymore. His eyes, you see.'