Nineteen Years Later

A/N This is from a request from @yugiohslut. Not canon epilogue beyond I have used canon names for the children but they are younger than in the epilogue to the books (apart from Teddy who has to be nineteen). Albus and Scorpius are non-identical twins. Lily is Malfoy-blond rather than a red-head. The story follows on from the previous two one shots and is told with flashbacks (in italics) narrated by either Harry or Draco. I imagine the home to be a grand old Victorian house with large grounds on the outskirts of Hogsmeade and suitably private for Harry and Draco.

***

'DADDY!' Harry was greeted by seven-year-old Lily as he stepped out of the Floo into the large hall of their home in Hogsmeade.

She was sitting at the bottom of the rather grand oak staircase in her favourite pyjama onesie and cuddling Rupert, her beloved pink and cream striped cat toy. Lily scrambled up and launched herself at Harry before he'd had a chance to even put down his briefcase. He just dropped it with a thud and caught her in his arms so they could hug tightly.

'Hello, darling,' he said as they rubbed noses and she then gave him a smacker of a wet kiss on the lips. 'That's the best greeting in the world. Have you been waiting there since you finished your bath?'

'Mhem.'

She persevered being jostled as he shrugged off his long coat while still holding her. He let that fall to the floor too.

'How could you tell?' she said.

'You smell scrumptious and your hair is still wet.'

Indeed, the tips of her two long white-blond braids were dripping onto his suit jacket, not that he cared about that, and there were damp patches on the front of the white onesie that was covered in cartoon drawings of cats.

Harry sent a quick drying charm at her hair.

'Daddy!' she complained, 'I was letting it dry by itself, I wanted it to go crinkly.'

'It'll still go wavy. Anyway, Nanny Molly says if you go to bed with wet hair, you'll catch a cold. Let me dry your pyjamas too.'

'It's a onesie.'

'My mistake.'

'My slipper is wet too because Jamie stamped all over it when he got out of the bath,' she said, 'will you put a warm charm on them?'

She pointed to one of her fleecy slippers with its cat ears and whiskers. She had been, for some time, obsessed with cats.

'Of course,' Harry smiled. 'But it will cost you. What do I get in exchange?'

'A kiss!' she exclaimed with a huge grin, clearly knowing exactly how to wrap her daddy around her little finger.

'How can I refuse that?'

He got another smacker of a kiss for drying and warming her slippers. Her grey eyes sparkled with delight.

'Toasty toes!' she exclaimed happily, kicking her feet slightly.

'I like your plaits,' Harry said. They were very fancy Dutch braids so the plaits were on top of the hair rather than hidden underneath.

'Teddy did them for me. He's getting quite good at them, for a boy.' She wrinkled her little nose before resting her head on his shoulder. 'It took ages though.'

Harry smiled, he knew she adored Teddy despite the thirteen-year age gap, or maybe because of it, and she missed him terribly when he was away at university.

'Teddy had to help with baths because you're very late home, daddy,' she scolded 'Papa said you've been in detentions.' She faltered slightly over the final long and unfamiliar word.