chapter 4

It's 3:00 AM, and my draft for the research paper still needs to be prepared. Mrs. Smith has asked me to present it to her today. Reading judgments all day, then being buried in books and keeping up the game of extracurriculars is difficult. I have no idea how other students manage part - time jobs with college. As for me, I will die if I take on any more responsibilities. I am startled by the notification on my phone. I looked at the notification. Apparently, I have a text from Matt at 3.

Have you heard of Wardruna?

The Norwegian band, right?

Yes!

I occasionally hear them. Mostly, whenever I have to calm myself

Ikr. I have always been a fan of Nordic culture and music

Great! I am happy at least someone has good music taste in the group:"))

Btw why r u up so late?

I could ask you the same question :)

Sweetie, but I asked first :)

Does it matter, darling:)

Yes, it does, ma'am :)

What if yes, I was listening to Wardruna :)

So many :) are making me creep out now

Are they :) :) :) :) :) :)

I can never with your humor

Okay :)

Ur reason tho?

Because I couldn't stop thinking about you, sweetie

Oh really

I think it's getting late, And I am too sleepy

Goodnight Matt.

Goodnight sweetie, Sleep well :)

Did he just try to flirt with me or something? Why would anybody flirt with me? I mean, it hasn't happened in my whole life. Why would it happen now? And what the fuck was the panic goodnight. Now you people know why I never had a boy in my life. I am a mess such a mess. A tone-deaf mess who loves music, the satire.

Just three weeks are left to exams, and there is so much left to do. I have to prepare all the case briefs, summarise the reading material and prepare the class notes. As I mentally prepare for the day, I notice Kai, Matt, Jean, and Lara standing near the staircase.

Hi guys. How are you doing?

What kind of question is this Layla Sophie said sarcastically.

Sorry, my bad I agree.

Hi, darling, Long time no see; it was Kai this time.

Look who is saying the person who doesn't have time himself. Again how many jobs are you juggling with?

You will never stop attacking me, will you?

You wish to love.

Lay god, I have been looking for you everywhere. Why the fuck are you not picking up the call? It's Steph; she is all sweaty. As a reflex, I check my phone, fucking seven missed calls. How can I miss it?

I am sorry, but what's the matter, Steph?

Just come with me

As Steph guides the way, I am reminded that today is Meg's Birthday, and Meg's birthday is everything to her. How can I ever forget that? It's our birthday ritual to cook together, have our phones switched off, and just be in each other's company and enjoy the company. Earlier, it used to be just Steph, Meg, and Me, but now Brad and Luke, Meg's boyfriend, are also a part of this tradition.