Broken Promises, Impulse and Forgiveness

Broken Promises, Impulse, and Forgiveness

---
SMUT: 3585 words
---

"Good day, welcome to Shell Stop, how are you today?"

Wilbur groaned, with his hand buried into his hair. With no reply from the other, he took the items and started scanning them.

It had been three months almost, that Wilbur had left the Dream SMP behind him and head back to his birthtown in Utah.

And he was miserable. Terrible.

He'd somehow managed to get his job back at the sleezy gas station of Shelltown, and was now working from ten to nine at the counter, no breaks or anything.

He kept trying to convince himself to head back as well, it clearly was better. He missed Tommy, his brother. He missed Philza, Techno, and even his former rival Qu-

"I thought you'd be happier to see me." A familiar voice spoke, causing Wilbur to jolt up. It was almost like something in his mind clicked. It could've really been anyone, but this voice in particular reminded him of what once was. And what could've been.

"Quackity?"

"Wilbur Soot?"

Wilbur couldn't believe who was standing in front of him, as if the gods had heard his thoughts. Quackity beamed at him, with a typically sly grin, alike to old times. "It's been too long."

"How- how did you find me?" Wilbur looked around, confused. Surely this was some prank. Quackity wouldn't come to find Wilbur, in any scenario.

Why now? How?

"Lots has happened since you left." Quackity ignored the tallers question, taking the pair of red shades off. He inspected them, carefully. "I remember you giving these to me before you left."

Wilbur scoffed. "Don't thank me. You look good in them." After Quackity put them back on, he stood up from his previously slouched position on the counter, pulling down his hoodie's hem. It seemed as though it wasn't common to see him wear anything other than a suit nowadays, or so Wilbur thought.

"Quick question; how is it that you never tried to push me away. Hell, I'd even say you were chasing my attention." Quackity asked, genuinely. Wilbur bent over to a counter to grab something, answering with a shrug. "Maybe I never hated you in the first place. I've tried to show you my logic for the longest time, and let you squeeze every drop of knowledge out of me. I'm dry of information now."

"You remember L'manburg though?"

L'manburg. It used to hold such a strong grip on Wilbur's heart, but after the chaos was reined, and a wreck was made, he thought of the country as a lost cause. Wilbur rolled his eyes, as if he never cared in the first place.

"What about it?"

"You didn't allow me in because I'm not british. Fucking hypocrite." Quackity spat, humored at the idea in his own mind now though. It wasn't inspiration of L'manburg that caused him to make Las Nevadas, nor was it ever supposed to serve as a symbol of new beginnings. It was more just to insult, or mock Wilbur's pitiful, and unsuccessful attempt as a form of revenge. Instead of shitting on his grave.

"I can't believe you have still yet to move on from the past." Wilbur snickered at the vulnerability of Quackitys' heart. "Aww, did my little rule huwt your feewings?" He fake pouted. It was a joke to him now, therefore it was nothing to be bitter about.

"Infact I have moved on, I just have my reasons as to why I'd bring it to the table."

"Sure you do." Wilbur crossed his arms, sarcasm in his tone. They conversated for a good amount of time, and ended up somewhat getting along, like friends. In an odd, still disrespectful manner.