chpt.5

The first time Harry texted me, I was a bit shocked, to say the least. Sure, he said he'd keep in touch, but I didn't know he meant in a friendly manner. It's something I was hoping for, but I also know how the industry is. People meet, make connections with the off chance they'll cross paths again, and never end up talking, unless it's to do a collaboration of some sort. With me being a model and him being known for his music, I never suspected a text from him that was lighthearted, just to say 'hi.'

It's been a month since the photoshoot on the beach, and we've only gotten to know each other on a friendly basis, at best. Simple questions, like favorite colors and what not, are what I currently know about him. I enjoy talking to him, nonetheless.

He texts me again when I'm getting ready to shower after a run.

'I heard you're in London?'

'Stalking me, Styles?' Is what I say in reply.

'So it's true then!'

I tell him I'm leaving tomorrow, and he sends several upset emojis. I roll my eyes, never being much of an emoji user myself. I find them cringey, to be completely honest, but I'm oddly not surprised Harry uses them. He says he was hoping we could meet up when he flies over this weekend, and I curse my manager and my mother for being so good at their job.

They booked me a photoshoot with 'In Style Magazine' which is huge for me. It's a big deal, especially since they've landed me the cover, and I couldn't be more excited. I know I partially got the job because I've recently gained ties with Harry, but I also know that his fan base has found a liking in me for whatever reason. Not to mention, I got an amazing stylist two months ago with really fresh ideas that aren't absolutely hideous, and people favored my outfit among others at a fashion show that I attended last week here in London, even if I was only in the crowd.

As time moves on, I go through the photoshoot easily, and mum is happy with how I'm handling it all. I'm on a stricter diet, one that actors typically use to lose weight for a role quickly, and she says I've never looked better. I can't say I disagree. The results are pretty nice, to be honest, and I feel proud of myself. Only the most disciplined of people really make it. It's not that I'm overweight, it's just that I've got to maintain a certain weight, stay slim, build muscle, and lose my more feminine figure.

During the interview, they focused on asking me questions about Harry, who I don't mind talking about at all. I just don't like the idea of using his name to gain fame. I told them about how kind he'd been, as well as the rest of his crew and everyone involved with the photoshoot he did. I admitted to being such a fanboy, but mum told him to cut that part out for whatever reason. I said we'd texted briefly, and are on friendly terms, but haven't had schedules align enough to meet up again in person. The rest was about growing up in the industry, and my relationship with mum being so involved

Once they show me the potential cover photos, I decide I should let Harry know he's mentioned before he finds out and takes it the wrong way. 

'Just did an interview for a magazine and they asked about u a lot,' I type.

'Guess we'll see how you really feel about me once I read it ;)'

'You don't mind being mentioned?'

'Of course not! Don't worry about it!' I can't help but feel relieved.

'Ok just checking haha'

'What magazine?'

'InStyle :))'

'Wow good job! I've gotta go, talk to you sometime soon?'