chpt.6

Me and Harry haven't hung out since that first time a few months ago, but we text every now and then. It's usually silly things, like if I hear one of his songs at the shops or if he sees someone wearing the merch I wore for his shoot. He's started his tour a few weeks back, and the tickets sold instantly. I've seen so many articles and videos over social media of him prancing around the stage in glittering, colorful outfits. 

The other day, Harry called me to invite me to his show at Madison Square Garden, and I obviously agreed immediately. I told him I had to see if his concerts were as fun as they seemed online, and he assured me they were. That's why I'm on a flight to New York with mum and Mason, who she insisted also got a ticket. It was a little uncomfortable to ask for another ticket when we'd already gotten two for free, but Harry was a sweetheart about it, as always.

We've gotten here a few hours before we've got to leave so we can get ready and so I can squeeze in a quick run. When I'm freshly showered after my workout, mum dries and fixes my hair herself because honestly, I'm horrible at that kind of thing.

Simon always tips the paps off wherever we're staying, which I've tried to speak up against, but mum and him insist it's a smart move to make. We're escorted out by bodyguards to a car Harry sent, and I'm on my phone the whole ride to ignore mum and Mason's flirting. We get inside through a side door but there's still fans and paparazzis behind the barricades set up. Once we're finally inside, there are so many crew members running around and having serious conversations. I text Harry that we're here and he shows up where we're waiting a few minutes later with a giddy smile and vibrant eyes.

"Hey, I'm glad you all could make it," he says. "I hope traveling went smoothly."

"It did," mum smiles. "It's so kind of you to have us. I've heard so many great things about your performances."

"It's nice to meet you," Harry says, turning to Mason and shaking his hand.

"You too, I'm Mason."

"You guys can follow me to a lounge room we've set up. There's plenty of snacks and drinks, just make yourselves comfortable. The show doesn't start for another two hour." I speed up to walk with Harry while mum and Mason trail behind.

"Hey," I smile softly.

"Hey Lou," he grins down at me. "I've missed you. It's been, what, five months?"

"Yeah. How've you been?"

"Amazing. Wait 'till the show, the fans are incredible." I've always heard about Harry's amazing relationship with his fans, and it's easy to believe when he's so genuine. "What about you?"

"Just a few projects here and there, nothing major."

"Cool. Hey, d'ya want anything to eat? You have to try the chocolate covered strawberries, they're my favorite," he grins.

"Uh, su-" I start. One isn't bad, is it? It's fruit after all, it's not that unhealthy. Mum cutting me off is what makes me shake myself out of it.

"He's on a strict diet for a shoot at the moment. Thanks for offering, though," she smiles sweetly.

"Sure," Harry shrugs easily. "The opener's going out there soon, so I should be getting ready. I've got a couple of crew members who can give you a tour, or you can head to the seats."

"A tour would be great," Mum says. "Louis, why don't you go catch up with Harry?"

"I don't know if a distraction is a good idea," I shake my head.

"Don't worry about it, I've still got a bit of time. I just like to get a head start," Harry waves off. "Do whatever you'd like."

"Um, I guess I'll stick with you, then," I smile, and he grins.

"Perfect," he says. He sends mum off with the tour guides and then motions for me to walk with him. "You look great, as always."

"Thanks," I blush. "So do you."

"Thank you, Lou," he says. "I actually have a surprise for you."

"What? Really?"

"It's not an actual gift, don't get your hopes up," he laughs. He opens the door with his name printed on it. "It's just some things to make you fit in with the fans."

"Ah, and what would that be?" I raise my eyebrows expectantly. He closes the door and grabs a boa off his clothing rack, and also a pair of heart-shaped sunglasses.

"How about this?"

"My mum's gonna have a heart attack if she sees me in that," I laugh, but I grab them from him anyways and put them on. "What do you think?"

"I think you've never looked better," he smiles widely. He goes over to where his mirror set up is, where two women are talking. He says his hellos and introduces us, and I learn their names are Beth and Kelsey. When he turns to me, he's got a chocolate-covered strawberry in his hand, extended in my direction. "I'm begging you to try one. They're unreal."

"I've had them before, Harry," I laugh, pushing his hand away.

"These have freshly made chocolate, though. My friend owns a gourmet bakery, I promise they're the best."

"It's hard to argue with that," I shake my head. He's such a dork sometimes. I grab the strawberry and take a bite, and my eyes widen in surprise. The chocolate is melting into my mouth and it definitely lives up to the expectation.

"Well?"

"Tell your friend to ship all the strawberries he's got to my house, stat." He laughs while I finish the strawberry and throw away the leaves.

"Harry, stop flirting and get in this chair," Beth says, and Harry hurries over, still laughing. She begins wetting his hair and I sit on the couch that's next to the table.

"I don't know how you're so calm when you go on so soon," I say.

"I still get nervous, but it's more adrenaline than anything. I've gotten used to it by now. You should've seen me when I started out, I was a mess."

"I'd actually love to see that," I grin, and he glares.

"Not a chance, Tomlinson," he says. "You've got to give yourself some credit, though. Modeling isn't easy, either."

"Maybe," I hum. "There's less people watching me, that's for sure."

"I think I got lucky with my fans, though. They're extremely accepting, so I don't try to worry too much."

"They do seem pretty great," I smile, and I can see how fond he is talking about the fans. "It's no wonder, considering who they look up to." He just smiles down at his lap, blushing. He's very humble, it's a wonder how he's so successful yet so grounded. Beth notices too, and she turns to me and winks, a knowing smile on her face.

We talk a little more before Harry tells a guard to take me to my seat, where mum and Mason are already seated at. I tell him to break a leg, and he gives me a hug before he gently ushers me out, telling me he doesn't want me to see his outfit before the show because it's bad luck. It takes a lot of self restraint not to roll my eyes and tell him he's mixing up a concert with a wedding. When I get to my seat, my mum frowns as she takes in the boa and sunglasses Harry gave me.

"Where did you get those?"

"Harry lent them to me," I answer.

"Quit acting so childish, Louis, you know we can't have you seen like this. You look ridiculous." I pout, taking them off and handing them over. She hands them to the guard, asking him to bring it back to Harry. I get over it when the opener performs, it sounds great so far. Next is the long wait for Harry, it takes a while before the intro plays on the screen and the lights go off.

Next thing I know, Harry is on the stage and performing. His outfit is very, very pink. There's sparkles and big pants, and he looks amazing. I'm also shocked by how much better his voice sounds live compared to the recorded songs. I'm entranced the entire time, watching him prance back and forth on the stage, reading signs and dancing. I don't take my eyes off of him until he's running off the stage. He told us he always leaves immediately after because he's got a strict touring schedule, so we also leave through the back like we came in.

I'm nearly asleep by the time we're back, but mum makes me go on a half-hour run anyways. Not long after, I'm passed out in bed after the most amazing day.