𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟒: 𝐔𝐧𝐞𝐱𝐩𝐞𝐜𝐭𝐞𝐝 𝐅𝐞𝐞𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬

As Danny said this to Samuel, he just smiled and let the situation go as it was. I didn't understand why he was doing this. How could someone find happiness in irritating others? People could find other things to do, but who would use their brains to think about this type of banter? It was really startling to me, but sometimes I just let things go.

"What the bloody hell, who does he think he is?" said Lizzie.

"Maybe the president of America," Kate replied with a laugh.

"But you started it, Lizzie. I told you not to touch anything that belongs to those people. Are you really a kid? Do I always have to explain to you what to do and what not to do?" I said angrily.

"So what? They started it first, so I did the same. Can you find any reason, Amulet? Why did they do this? Why did they roll the bottle to where we were sitting?" Lizzie asked me.

"Your statement really has a point," I said to her.

"Do you have any answer to it?" Lizzie asked.

"No, I don't have any answer, but I have to think about why it was Samuel again interacting with me," I said while wondering.

"What do you mean by 'again interacting'? You both just argued yesterday, and it was sudden," she said, concerned.

"No, I am not talking about yesterday. I am talking about this morning," I told her.

"Well, what happened today?" she asked.

"Well, yesterday, Noah's classmate bothered him by scratching his face. He told me, so today I went to confront him, but away from people's eyes. Samuel was there, and he started talking to me. You know he didn't just talk; he tries to tease me. I asked him if he was stalking me, and he started laughing. He refused, then taunted me that I was being too rude to a little fellow. I told him it's not his business what I do and what I don't. Then I came to you as the bell rang," I explained to Lizzie.

"Wow, that whole thing happened, and you're telling me now?" She said, nodding.

"So what would you have done if I had told you at that time? Nothing, right?

As we strolled through the school grounds, the sun cast a warm glow on everything around us. Lizzie suddenly stopped and pointed towards a group of students huddled together near the cafeteria. They were whispering and glancing in our direction.

"Look, Amulet. There's Samuel again," Lizzie said, her voice filled with curiosity.

I turned my gaze towards the group and, sure enough, there he was, standing amidst his friends, a mischievous smirk playing on his lips. Samuel had always been an enigma to me. He had an uncanny ability to get under people's skin, and yet, there was something intriguing about him.

"Can I again ask you the same question please think about it"Why do you think he enjoys provoking us?" She pondered, her brow furrowed.

"I'm not sure," I replied, contemplating the question. "Maybe it's his way of seeking attention or asserting his presence."

"But why specifically target us?" Lizzie questioned, her eyes scanning the group.

"I think it's because we react to him," I said. "He knows he can get a rise out of us, so he keeps pushing our buttons."

Lizzie nodded in agreement. "You're right.Maybe if we ignore him, he'll eventually lose interest and move on."

"But it's easier said than done," I sighed. "Sometimes, his words just get to me, and I can't help but respond. well leave it.
It's just simple. No need to think about it," I said, changing the topic.