𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟓: 𝐖𝐡𝐢𝐬𝐩𝐞𝐫𝐞𝐝 𝐃𝐞𝐬𝐢𝐫𝐞𝐬

I couldn't quite grasp whether it was all a joke or if it was actually happening. The emotions I felt were overwhelming, and now I was faced with obstacles while trying to confess my feelings. A wave of fear gripped my heart, making it feel like the most challenging task in the world.

"Hey, why did you shout?" Lizzie whispered.

 "Sorry for that, but I was scared," I replied. 

"Scared? But scared of what?" I asked.

 "Scared of what you said about how I feel and what might happen when I start telling him," I explained anxiously.

 "But there's nothing to be scared of. It's not a problem, and you know that as long as you have me, there's no need to be scared. Just be happy," she reassured me. 

"But being happy isn't the only important thing. Thinking about telling Samuel is not as easy as you think, and being scared is natural, isn't it?" " I replied, still filled with anxiety.

Lizzie smiled warmly and placed a reassuring hand on my shoulder. "Of course it is. It's completely normal to feel anxious when it comes to matters of the heart. But sometimes, taking that leap of faith and sharing your feelings can lead to something beautiful. Look, just go to him and tell him what you think. Look at the way I am doing it... Hi, I'm Elizabeth Kwan, a.k.a. Lizzie, as people call me," she suggested, a smile on her face. 

"Hey, Miss Elizabeth, I'm not here to give a presentation and introduce myself," I said, smiling back. 

"So, it means we really need to think about it, as you said. Let me think about it," Lizzie proposed.

 "I don't think we should think about it," I responded.

 "Why not? And just so you know, I've already thought of an idea," she said.

 "Really? Mind telling me what it is?" I asked, intrigued.

 "Sure! It seems like you're hesitant to tell him in person because you're feeling shy. How about texting him instead?" Lizzie proposed.

"Text him!" I exclaimed.

"Shh! Not so loud. Yes, text him. Why are you shouting? We're in class, remember?" Lizzie scolded me.

"I'm sorry, Lizzie, but it's impossible. I can't text him, and I don't have his number," I explained.

"Well, who said you need to have his number? Find him on social media and message him," Lizzie proposed.

"You know I don't have access to these things, but you know what? I really want to," I said with determination.

"Then what's the problem? I'll tell you how to make it happen," Lizzie offered.

"But how can we find him?" I asked, feeling slightly hopeful.

"It's easy, buddy. We can ask his sister about Samuel," she revealed.

"What? Samuel has a sister, and you didn't tell me?" I exclaimed.

"Well, you also know her. She's someone we both know," Lizzie said mysteriously.

Curiosity piqued within me, and I couldn't help but press Lizzie for more information. "Well, tell me then. Who is she?"

Lizzie paused for a moment, gathering her thoughts before continuing. "Remember when we were waiting in line to borrow books, and I pointed out a girl next to us? I mentioned that Andrea and this girl are neighbors."

Recognition flickered in my mind as I recalled that moment. "Yes, I remember. So, that girl is Samuel's sister?

Lizzie nodded, confirming my suspicions. "That's right. Her name is Aimy she is Samuel's sister, and she happens to be a close friend of Andrea. They share everything with each other."