𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟕: 𝐁𝐥𝐨𝐬𝐬𝐨𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐇𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐬

As the day of revelation arrived, my nervousness was palpable. It was only natural, given the weight of what I was about to reveal. But as I embraced positive thoughts, my fears gradually melted away. In recent conversations with Samuel, I'd noticed a certain enchanting closeness between us. He seemed to gravitate towards my presence, always finding ways to be near me. This only deepened my connection with him.

The long-awaited moment finally materialized. I arrived punctually, just as Samuel had asked, and he was already there.

Me: Hi, how's everything going then?

Samuel: Nothing new, just the same old routine with the same old boring people.

Me: And how many boring people does that include? Am I one of them?

Samuel: How could I call you boring? You bring delight every time I see you.

Me: Well, I find pleasure in your company too.

Samuel: Really? Do you mean that?

Me: Yes, I genuinely feel that way. Though, I'm just an ordinary person, nothing more.

Samuel: You're not ordinary. But when will you stop underestimating yourself?

Me: Maybe when the person I like and love says that to me.

Samuel: "So, if I were to ask your heart, who do you like?"

Samuel's question led me to take a deep breath, my heart pounding. It was the moment I had longed for, the moment that held the potential to change everything decided it was time to be honest.

Me: The person I like the most is You!

An odd sensation washed over me. It was the end of uncertainty, but also the start of a new journey. Saying those words felt strange yet liberating. A silence lingered between us.

Samuel: You really like me?

Me: Yes, I do.

Samuel: No one has ever said that to me before. Can I ask why you like me?

Me: Sometimes, there's no concrete reason for liking someone. You just do, and over time, it turns into something more profound. If you're asking for a reason, I can't provide one. It's just a feeling.

Samuel: Is that so?

Me: Yes. But can I ask you something too? What do you think of me? Do you like me?

Samuel: Hmm, a challenging question. The answer is... Maybe!

Me: Maybe? Could you please give a straightforward answer? Yes or no?

Samuel: Alright, enough teasing. I'll admit it—I don't just like you. I love you. I fell in love with you long before you even knew what I thought about you. But I was held back by thoughts of rejection. I never imagined anyone feeling like this for me.

Hearing his unexpected confession left me dumbfounded. My heart danced within my chest, my blood raced through my veins, and those familiar butterflies filled my head.

Me: Really, are you being honest?

Samuel: I would never lie to you, Amulet.