CHAPTER 1

SWISH

The crowd in the stadium cheers, as the opposing team scores, Miguel silently swears to the three .

102-95 REMAINING TIME 1:23

"Sorry.." One of his teammates said with an apologetic look on his face.

"No worries, just don't get caught on the screen next time." He pats him on the back as they jog down the court.

"It's alright guys, don't worry. We will go point by point!" Miguel's coach yelled at the side keeping his team morale high.

However, as his teammates bring the ball, the opponents quickly double team him, making it difficult for him. As they try to force a turnover, Miguel runs over to his teammate and stands in the open lane. His teammates quickly passe it to him and the defense switch from his teammate to him.

He quickly catches it and shoots the ball, then his opponents jump with him trying to block the shot and they bump into him, causing them to fall on the floor. However the ball was not touched and it went up to the hoop.

SWISH

The referee whistles and puts his arms up. "Basket count, 1 free throw." The referee said.

The crowd cheers and so do his teammates and coaches from the side.

On the court, one of his teammates help him up, “Nice shot Miguel.”

Miguel only smiles as his opponents swear at themselves. He then goes up to the free throw line and the referee line, then takes the shot and drains it both cutting the lead into two.

102-100 REMAINING TIME: 45 SECOND 

After the free throw, his coach uses their remaining timeout. Miguel walks to his bench to take a seat to get some much needed rest. “Nice shot Miguel and also thank you for the rest of you.” The coach says as he looks at Miguelo and the rest. 

“We are one step closer to our dreams and that being champions, I am happy that I coach you all, everyone of you are all special each and everyone, especially you two”  He looked at Miguel and the one sitting next to him is his childhood best friend Joseph Aguinaldo.

Joseph only smiles, while looking at his ankle that was bandaged, he sighs.“ You’ll be okay bro, don't worry. We'll win this,” Miguel cheers him up and he just smiles.

“Yeah, Win this for us!” He raised his fist and they did a fist bump together. The buzzer sounds indicating to go back on the court.

Miguel and his team are on defence. The other team inbounds the ball and passes it to the point guard, the opponent calls a screen and then goes around. Miguel helps in the play but the guard passes it to the open shooter and Miguel hurries and tries to block the shot.

SWISH

The ball went in. He sighs again and looks at the score.

105-100 REMAINING TIME: 35 SECONDS

Miguel then calls for the ball and rushes to the down the court his speed can't be matched as he blows by every defender and makes a layup cutting it down by three again.

105-102 REMAINING TIME: 26 SECONDS

Back on defense, Miguel tried his best to prevent the other team from scoring, as the other team passed the ball with great ball movement from the players trying to find the open player to score and widen the gap.

But Miguel anticipates one of the passes and steals the ball. He then holds it firmly and surveys the court so that it won't get stolen back, before he starts to dribble it back.