CHAPTER 3

As soon as Miguel parks his motorcycle at the parking lot, Valerie gets off with her brows scrunched together.

"What the fuck was that earlier?" She asks, seemingly frustrated at her friend's actions.

"What! Why are you getting mad all of sudden, you mad trippin bro." Miguel said annoyed 

She crosses her arms, "You literally didn't let me speak and interrupted us. He was just literally being nice."

Miguel rolls his eyes and whispers, "Nice my ass. He obviously was flirting thinking he was slick."

Valerie puts her arms down, "No, you can't. We already talked about this, Migs. We're done and that's it."

Miguel just bites his lips not saying anything. She was right, they were done but why can't he help but feel jealous of every guy she talks to. It's like he can't let her go easily.

She purses her lips before speaking, "You need to find someone else and move on, Migs." 

Miguel just chuckles and shakes his head before sighing. "I'll think about it," He says in a cold tone and gets off his bike.

They both get in the elevator in silence and head to their respective units.

12:00 am

Miguel goes on his phone and opens the messenger app to talk to Valerie.

Miguel: Hey…u up?

Valerie: Yupp, wassup?

Miguel: Bored, wondering if you wanna hang out

Valerie: idk man, I think we need to keep our distance for a bit 

Valerie: dw nothing will change

Miguel: Alright, I'll be there in 5 mins, let's go to the park. 

Valerie: sorry, can't- imma go sleep now

Miguel: I- Wha- Hey!!!

Miguel was left on read and his best friend didn't respond. Despite her saying nothing will change, this doesn't stop him from overthinking. Especially after the conversation they had in the parking lot earlier.

Miguel chuckles at himself before dropping the phone down on his bed. "I'm such an ass," he says to himself before groaning into his pillow.

TIMESKIP >>>

It's a Saturday and Miguel woke up early despite sleeping quite late last night. On his way to his motorcycle, he sees Valerie.

Valerie is seen heading into a black car and it immediately speeds away. He shrugs and gets onto his bike, ignoring what he had just seen.

Miguel hops into his motorcycle and turns it on and drives off.

He then thinks of something to prevent himself from overthinking and his mind pops into a park nearby. He saw a basketball court yesterday driving home with Valerie so he decided on going there.

He arrives at the park and leaves his motorcycle next to the basketball court. Some guys around his age are playing so he decides to join in with them.

"Hey, You guys mind if I join?" Miguel asks one of the players on the court.

"Sure dude, we do miss one guy and you fit the spot" One of the guys replies.

Miguel nods and begins to go to the middle of the court, getting ready for the jump ball. "Wow you're pretty tall huh, what's your height?." The other guy that he was jumping the ball with asked him.