Chapter 12

Knocking on the door to the church, I felt something standing behind me. It was wearing a white dress, the person had long black hair as the hair could be seen without fully turning your head backwards. The person had pale yet long fingers as the nails looked like claws, Mana Maria, that's her.

"Asarim takasi," I shouted as I moved my arm in a cutting motion making her let out a high pitched scream which gave me the opportunity to bang at the door. 

"Help, help me please, she's going to kill me, help me," I shouted as I kept on banging at the door. Seconds later the door opened revealing a sister as she looked at me like I was crazy. 

"She was right here she was here di-did you see her she kept screaming please save me she has killed my friends and now she's planning to kill me," I said in one go as the sister hesitated for a bit trying to understand all what I said.

"What do you mean, there's nobody here with you, are you okay ma'am," she asked as she kept looking me up and down thinking I have gone crazy and I've lost my way.

"She was right here, please tell me you believe me, she's a demon my friends and I mistakenly summoned and now she's after our lives please help me". The sister hesitated for a bit as she kept on staring at me but later break the contact as she pushed open the door widely 

"Come with me," was all she said as I hurriedly went into the church. 

The church was lit with candles as no sign of an electricity could be seen having vintage looks, frames of the virgin Mary and Jesus could be seen around the walls and windows of the church. She. Kept leading me deeper into the church as we finally left the church through the other exit which lead to another building with long stairs that goes up as the stairways was being lined  with candles. The light wasn't that visible but enough to know where you are stepping upon. Walking up the stairs with her as the sister lead the way, I saw a female shadow being casted on the wall as it was moved across the stairs into a hallway. 

"Sister I think I saw someone," I said as I held unto her cape 

"It could be one of the sisters working in the church," she answered.

Going further up the stairs, we came across a hallway as we went further into it. As we kept walking, I felt something walk past me making me jolt my head backwards only to be met with nothingness which left me with a troubling question. Can demons be seen in a church ?

"Sister, can I ask a question"

"Yes"

"Can demons be seen in a church," I asked making her stop on heels to face me. She looked deep in thoughts as her eyes seemed to stare into space. Indeed she was very beautiful, if she wasn't a sister she could have been an idol or a fashion model. 

"No," was all she said as she resumed walking. Into another hallway I realized that we were walking past what seems like a prison, some had people in it as they all looked pale and skinny making their skin feel like it could crack at any moment.

"Who are they," I asked as I saw that not only where they looking a bit lifeless, they felt soulless.

"People who got possessed but couldn't be delivered by an exorcist or a pastor," she answered as we kept walking into the hallway. The hallway was then divided into two, the left was leading to another hallway while the right, it felt eerie, like a bad omen was lurking inside. It was barricaded with a metal door as under the door emitted nothing but darkness. On the wall above the door was crested words in a strange language. Unable to decipher the words, I decided to ask the sister.

"Sister, those words above the door, what does it say"

"Oh those words, it's written in Greek, it says Mana Maria," the sister said making my blood run cold as my body felt like it was about to loose it's color. If not that I had the comfort of a human here with me, I would have peed myself. 

"Who's she," I asked hoping I could find out more about her and find a way to end this mess. 

"She's the daughter of hell, it was once said that once summoned, she can never return to hell unless she has killed all her victims and drag their souls to hell," she said as she was about to head to the other way.

"How can you stop her," I asked making her stop right on her tracks. How annoyed she must have felt but I really need these information if I want to live.

"You can't, it's impossible to stop her, but I overheard when the Pope was telling the Nun that the only way to stop her is through the blood of Jesus Christ," she answered as she smiled at my confused state. So many questions I wanted to ask. Blood of Jesus Christ ?, Didn't he die like a million years ago ?, How can his blood still be existing, it should have dried up by now. Turning towards the door I kept on looking at the strange name till my eyes landed on the lock, the door was slightly opened as what lies at the other side was nothing but darkness. 

"Sister, why is her door opened"

"Oh no, who summoned her"