Prologue

Sabito walked down the cold winter hill with Giyuu on his back. His stamina ran short as he tried to run down the hill, seeking medical help for his closest friend, crying and asking the gods above how and why this happened. He kept moving until he heard a growl from his back as Giyuu tried getting off the peach haired boy's back. "G-giyuu?!" Was the last thing Sabito said before tripping off the hill and plummeting down.

------------------------------

"GIYUU!!" A girl yelled. Giyuu looked up from where he sat as he and Sabito had finished their game of hide n seek.

"Onii-san is calling me..are you sure you can't the night?" He asked as he stared at a boy who had a scar across his cheek. Sabito sighed and shook his head. "No, sorry, Giyuu..maybe tomorrow if Saburo-San allows it." Sabito reassuringly said. The last few nights, due to the cold winter air, Saburo had allowed Sabito into his home where warm food and shelter were provided. Sabito's parents had left on a long trip, forgetting about Sabito, so he reluctantly agreed to stay with him.

"Alright... don't stay out too long then! See you tomorrow!!" Giyuu said as he waved goodbye and ran in the direction his house layed. Sabito waved back and got up to travel back to Saburo's home.

------------------------------

"Saburo-san... I have a question." Sabito said as he ate the last bit of his food. "And I may have an answer." He responded. Rolling his eyes, Sabito said, "Can you tell me about the demons?" Saburo turned to look at him as he placed down some sleeping mats. "Well... they eat humans to keep living. It's safer inside, in which case, rarer for an attack to happen. Luckily, the demon slayers exist. Always there to help others and fight against the demons. Now get some rest. Your friend must not like tired kids." Saburo concluded as he blew out the candle and lay comfortably on his mat. Sabito sighed as he followed suit.

------------------------------

Sabito practically skipped up the hill to see Giyuu. He had many games planned for both of them, so he wanted to get there as quickly as possible to play every single one. Giving off a closed eye smile to himself, he finally reached the house of the Tomioka family. They were a kind-hearted family who sold coal and wood. Sabito looked at the scene in front of him as he widened his eyes. In front of him, lay the lifeless body of Giyuu Tomioka.

"GIYUU!" Sabito cried out to his friend. He ran forward and tripped down. Crawling towards his friend, he began to panic. "GIYUU?! Giyuu! Please be alright!! Please! What happened to her -" Sabito looked into the house as his eyes widened once more. Inside the house, the Tomioka parents were lifeless as well. Their eyes are empty and dead. He heard shallow breathing as he looked back at Giyuu, whose body went up and down, signaling he was still alive.

----------------------------

Sabito awoke from where he fell. He sat up quickly and looked around, hoping to see the familiar figure of his friend. He finally did. He stood up and ran towards him.

"Giyuu? Giyuu! Please just don't worry! I can get you to a doctor.." Sabito tried to reassure him. He placed his hands on either side of Giyuu. The boy raised his head, revealing pale blue eyes and black pupils that were shaped and slits much like a cat. "Giyuu..?" Sabito whispered. A moment went by before Giyuu pounced onto Sabito and pinning him down straight after, luckily for him, he held an ax with him as he whipped it out and held it infront of him and Giyuu trapped his teeth onto it. Sabito called out.

"Please don't give in! Please! I'm your best friend! I'm Sabito!! I'm sorry that this happened to you..you don't deserve this.." Sabito closed his eyes, expecting the worse, which never happened. He felt water droplets fall on his face as he witnessed Giyuu crying. He then heard an unshealthing of a blade. Sabito grabbed Giyuu, pulling him in a protective state, and tumbled back by the brute force of the aftermath of the blade technique, cutting of a chunk of his hair. Sabito's back hit a tree, and he slumbed down. He reluctantly sat up and looked at the attacker. He wore a checkered haori with a uniform underneath. He had long burgundy hair tied into a ponytail, and he wore hanafuda earings. He got up from his position and looked at Sabito. His face had a flame like mark across the top side of his face and on the opposite side on the bottom. He had a small smile.

"Hello child, can you ask me why you're defending a demon?"

-------------------------------
*

I didn't really backread because I got tired.. but anyway, this is the rewritten part byee.