Chapter 4

Before you start just wanted to let you guys know the amount of timeskips there are in this chapter purely because I had no motivation

------------------------

Sabito finally mastered, or, almost mastered water breathing. It took him two years, but it paid off. For some reason, Giyuu hadn't woken up yet. Tanjiro called a doctor over, who had stated to be Tanjiro's sister, to check on him and found nothing wrong. Sabito sighed as he wrote his last entry for tonight in his journal before falling asleep at the desk.

-------------------------

"Kyojuro, Muichiro, Sabito! Come down here!" Sabito was startled awake by Tanjiro's call. Sabito reluctantly got up as he stretched and heard the satisfying pops from his bones, though he felt sore from sleeping in such a position. He traveled downstairs to see Muichiro but not Kyojuro. "Where's Kyojuro-kun?" Muichiro shrugged. "He likes taking forever to make sure his face looks nice." Muichiro teased. "He takes forever for eyeliner, though." Muichiro sighed. Sabito chuckled and heard footsteps coming down. "I'm ready!" Kyojuro exclaimed as he stumbled down the stairs. We got into line side by side in front of Tanjiro.

"I've decided for you all to take final selection." Kyojuro beamed at Sabito then to Muichiro. Sabito beamed back, but Muichiro only smiled. "Here." Tanjiro handed over each of them a nichirn blade. "Kyojuro, pop quiz, why are nichirn blades more special than a regular blade." Tanjiro said as he caught Kyojuro off guard. "Uh-uh because a normal blade can't kill a demon while a nichirn blade can..?" Kyojuro questioned. "Correct. Oh, and here is something I'd like for you guys to have." Tanjiro said as he went to a storage cabinet and pulled out three boxes. Inside those boxes where three charms. One had a fire print, the one in the middle was a mist print, and the last one seemed to be a water droplet print. "Someone helped me fabricate these. They're supposed to ward off evil." Tanjiro explained. "Thank you, sensei!" The three said together. Tanjiro smiled at them.

----------------------------

Kyojuro was full of energy once they found the final selection area. "Rengoku-kun..please..wait..up.. " Sabito tiredly asked. Muichiro agreed with Sabito. "The faster we arrive, the better!" Kyojuro yelled. Sabito stopped to gain back some stamina but yelped in surprise when Kyojuro placed him on his back while Muichiro was in his arms. "Rengoku-kun, what are you doi-AAAAAAAAAAAH!" Before Muichiro can even finish his last word, Kyojuro ran at his top speed. Sabito also joined in on the yelling.

-----------------------------

When they finally arrived, Sabito got off of Kyojuro's back and went to the side to throw up. "Urgh.." Sabito went back to the two. Kyojuro gave an apologetic smile. "Right..when does this start..?" Sabito questioned. "I'm not s-" Muichiro was getting annoyed with being cut off.

"Welcome to Final selection. You will travel up to this mountain and stay within it for seven days. There are multiple demons that are trapped within it due to the wisterria trees that surround it. Once you survive and complete the seven days, you will become demon slayers. Good luck." Sabito glanced at the twins who spook in usion and started walking towards the entrance. "I think we should split up and cover more ground." Muichiro said. "Right. Stay alive, both of you." Sabito said as he rushed in.

-------------------------

He was attacked about an hour later by two demons. "Hey, get lost! I found him first! He's my lunch!" One growled while the other disagreed. "Water breathing. Water surface slash!" Sabito looked by in surprise to see that he killed two demons. 'That was my first time!' Sabito mentally squealed. Continuing on inside the forest of the mountain, he encountered many demons that were easy to kill. Though, as he was traveling a bit on the less populated side, he felt a much stronger aura and decided to head the opposite direction because even he knew his limit. He even helped most examinees escape death, and every so often, he'd hear a blood curdling scream from somewhere up the mountain or close by which chilled him to the bone.