Chapter 1

"Tell me, child, why are you protecting a demon?" The demon slayer asked as he tilted his head. "It was about to eat you.." Sabito stared, still he shocked before shaking himself from it. "He-he's my best friend..!" Sabito yelled. "I see...well, I'll make sure to give him a less painful death. How about that?" The stranger asked as he gave a warm smile. "I'd rather if he didn't die." Sabito argued. The stranger sighed before speeding towards them at unknown speeds. Sabito tried protecting Giyuu but had realized a second later that he wasn't with him anymore.
Looking up, he looked around and spotted both Giyuu and the stranger. Giyuu was struggling from the slayers' hold as he held Giyuu's arm behind his back.

"WAIT!" Sabito cried out as the slayer looked at him. "What is it?" He asked. "P-please..please don't hurt him..please I beg of you! Please don't kill him, best friend..Ill find the treatment to heal him..so please.. please dont kill him!" Sabito sobbed as he bowed, hoping for him to let his friend go. The stranger frowned. "You really are pathetic, aren't you?" He said. "Excuse me..?" Sabito whispered as he looked up. "I said you really are pathetic, aren't you? Don't sit there and grovel while the enemy has a chance to kill you! All you're doing is making yourself vulnerable.. If that is the least bit effective...then your friend's family might still be alive right now! How can someone like you, as pathetic as you, have any hope of healing his friend or killing a demon?" The stranger finished. 'I know you're in pain, but don't let those emotions drive you too weak.' The stranger then stabbed his blade into the shoulder of Giyuu. .

"STOP WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!" Sabito yelled as he got up. He ran around ax in hand as he flicked a rock at the stranger who deflected it with his blade. Ducking behind a tree, he went forward, ax in hand as he tried to attack him. The stranger sighed as he used the hilt of his blade to knock out Sabito. "Wait.. where's the ax.." The stranger wondered. He looked around, and then realization hit him as he looked up and narrowly moved his head to dodge.

'This kid..' his eyes went back to Sabito. 'He knew he stood no chance against me..yet he threw his ax to finish me off later..' Still frozen from shock, Giyuu thrashed and kicked the slayer away. Giyuu then ran forward towards Sabito, his arm outstretched. 'Shit! He's gonna eat him!' But what happened next was the opposite. The slayer's eyes widened in surprise to see Giyuu protecting Sabito. Giyuu jumped forward to attack the slayer. 'This demon... might be different.' The slayer then used his hand to chop the weak point of Giyuu neck as he too went unconscious.

-------------------------------

"Please, Sabito-kun...please protect Giyuu for us.. and make sure you're also safe.." a voice whispered.

Sabito woke up with a gasp. He sat up and winced a bit in pain where the hilt of the blade hit him. He saw Giyuu and pulled him into a hug. "Ah, you're awake." Sabito clutched Giyuu protectively as he saw the slayer from earlier crouched in front of him. "You're willing to become a demon slayer, hmm?" Sabito hesitated. "Y-yes..." He said. The stranger smiled. "You'll be training under me as a tsugoku." He said proudly. Sabito reluctantly nodded his head. "What are your names?" Sabito looked at him. "Sabito, and this is Giyuu Tomioka." He said. The stranger smiled again.

"What lovely names, My name is Tanjiro Kamado."