5

Boys never liked me. I didn't know why, I knew I wasn't bad looking.

One day in third grade one of the girls in my class told me that all the boys thought I was terrifying.

Apparently my muscles scared them, thanks to my mum forcing me to practice ballet 6 hours a day. I started to become insecure and I guess I just assumed all the boys were scared of me. So anytime a boy would show interest I would shut them down.

So, I was really out of my element letting Elliot drive me home.

Sober.

"You didn't have to drive me home, not that you gave me a choice anyways," I said it with annoyance even though I was smiling looking out of the car window.

"It's freezing, you probably would have froze to death if I didn't come to the rescue," I looked over to him with a death stare.

"I didn't need rescuing," I spoke back. I shifted uncomfortably in his car. How the hell did he have a motorcycle and a sports car? Was he rich? I mean he was at an expensive restaurant. What if the chick was his sugar mama? I'm overthinking again.

"That's a weird way to say thank you," I looked over at him as he smirked.

"Thank you," I said gruffly. I watched as he looked at me and back just as fast. I grabbed my bag from the floor beside my feet as we turned into my street. I was silently hoping that the lights were out in the house.

"Thank God," I whispered as we reached my house.

"What was that?" Elliot asked as he put the car in park and the lights on the roof turned on. His eyes were bright and there was slight stubble on his face.

"Nothing, thanks," I said unbuckling my seat belt and opening the door. He just sat there as I shut the door.

"Have dinner with me," I paused halfway up my driveway.

"What?" I turned my head but left my body plastered to the gravel.

"Let me take you out for dinner," I frowned and with the anger in my body that I had I turned my body around.

"So that's what you do? take a different girl out to dinner every night hoping you'll get lucky? I'm not a whore, thanks for the ride," I pulled my bag up and spun around.

"She's my step mother," I paused again, he had a way of stopping a woman in her tracks.

"Oh," Was all I said as I cursed my self for being so stupid.

"I didn't really pin you for the jealous type," I almost laughed.

"You don't know anything about me," I said still not looking at him. This was fucking embarrassing.

"Go to dinner with me," This time I turned around again. His eyes held no emotion and neither did his face.

"Why?" I breathed out, wondering what could be so endearing about me for him to ask to see me again, let along take me to dinner.

"So I can get to know you," He said it like it was an obvious answer, like the whole world knew it.

"When?" I couldn't believe I was playing into this, it was obviously some scam or lie. But, naively, I had hope. Hope that he was a good one.

"Tomorrow, 7pm, be ready," I just nodded like an idiot as he smiled and drove off. I didn't even know how to function.

I stood in the cold with my mouth ajar for at least ten minutes before I headed inside to the warmth.

It felt like a crazy realistic dream. I sat on the edge of my bed with my hands over my face trying to wrap my head around it. Years and years of watching romcoms and crying over he fact that it could never happen to me, and then suddenly it kind of felt like it was happening.

It was kind of bittersweet not hearing from my mother. Bitter because one could only wish for an attentive mother who actually cares rather than controls and sweet because I swear if I heard her screaming at me one more time I might go fucking insane.

***

"So, you're going?" Carly sat on my floor as sipped her drink.

"I mean it's free dinner right? Plus another night away from my mum sounds like heaven," Carly tipped her head as if to say I was onto something.

"True, just be careful, okay?" She gave me that look.

"I'll be fine, I might not look it but I can rough someone up a bit," I flexed my muscles as she laughed. I had a shot of vodka that Carly had brought over for me to calm my nerves.

I had stayed up almost all night trying to figure out if I should go to dinner with Elliot. I narrowed it down to 'Im young, fuck it'

"Seriously call me if he tries anything i'll beat him him," I nodded knowing full well she would.

My hands were shaking as I finished applying mascara. What if it was a scam? What would I even do in that situation?

"It's 6:57," Carly spoke over the music as I cursed under my breath.

"Do I look okay?" I rushed straightening my dress in the mirror and fixing my hair.

"You look amazing, i'll be here waiting up for you," Carly said as she fell back on my bed.

"Tell mum that I had to be kept back in training to practice more," Carly gave me a salute as I bit my lip and opened my bedroom door.

"Don't do anything I would do!" Carly called out as I made it to the bottom of the stairs.

"Wasn't planning on it!" I yelled back with a smile on my face. I saw his car as soon as I closed the front door which made all the anxiety crawl back into my stomach.

He waved from his care as I made my way down the driveway.

What the fuck was I doing?

***

I know you guys hate me and I'm going to try to write more i'm sorry!!