3

Lux boards her plane with a hangover - never do that, it's always a bad idea. She is half asleep by the time the plane takes off and she hopes she sleeps all the way. She has no idea what the length of the flight is or what the hotel name is - she still has not looked at the invite. If she gets lost and dies - she will have her excuse so it's a winning situation. She shifts in her chair to get comfortable but freezes when she hears a man's loud echoing laugh.

Fuck no!

She leans into the aisle but there is a curtain blocking her view. The laugh is coming from first class, behind the curtain. There is no way. She laughs to herself and rolls her eyes - she must have had way too much to drink last night and is still drunk. The cabin pressure must be fucking with her so she settles back into her chair and closes her eyes. She will sleep it off. But then her eyes pop open when she hears that laugh again.

This can not be fucking happening!

It's just a laugh, millions of people have that same laugh. She sits ridged in her chair and listens carefully then relaxes when she hears nothing. It's all in her fucking mind. She calls the air hostess and asks her for a drink. Two drinks. But, before she takes a sip she hears that stupid laugh again. Of all the fucking planes and all the fucking countries, Austin has chosen this plane? Can her life not get any more fucked up? She should have insisted Demi have her wedding in LA after all. The curtain to first class gets pulled back by an air hostess as they get ready to serve lunch and Lux's heart drops right out of her ass.

First class is nice. It's more like a lounge with a bar in it and fucking Austin is leaning on the bar talking to a bunch of people while he has a big bright smile slapped onto his stupid face.

He looks stupid.

When she was with him he was tall and lanky - still growing into his man body. He also had long hair he used to wear up in a stupid top knot - she hated it. She hated his long stupid frizzy hair and his pathetic excuse for a beard grew in patches on his baby face. She always hoped he would look more stupid the older he got - she would snigger about it.

But, now? 

Fuck.

He is tall and his body has filled out. Stocky,  broad chest, big arms, and large shoulders - he is a big boy. She has a thing for big boys - she mentally scratches big boys off her A list and moves it to her Z list, just under Austin's name along with frizzy hair, top knots, and patchy beards. He has cut his hair, shaved short on the sides with a short mullet in the back - mullets are on every girl's Z list. Then there is his beard - it's thick and rich, shiny too. Beards have always sat firmly on her C list so she has to force herself now not to put it on the A list. Z list! Come on Lux!  Everything Austin-related goes on the Z list along with baby blue eyes, wide smiles, and contagious laughs.

But, he makes that beard look so good - NO! Z list.

Fuck Austin for looking good the older he gets - she fucking hates him. He looks stupid.

A timid-looking girl is standing next to him staring up at him while he talks with stars in her eyes. That must be his wife. Keeping them sweet, Austin - fucking chauvinist asshole. She can also see the back of his friend Shawn's head, she remembers him because he was around so much - Austin and Shawn were thick as thieves. Dre is there too and so are Harry and Pete - how does such a dooshbag hold onto friendships as long as he has? 

"Ok! Ok!" Shawn lifts his hand to quieten down the crowd of people around them. "This has been an amazing boys' trip! Austin, you are the best man I know, and bumping us all up to first class just proved my-" Shawn starts some soppy ass speech while Austin looks at him with a soft smile on his face but Lux does not hear the rest as the air hostess closes the curtain and gives her a pointed look. What is this?  The 1700's?  She can't look at rich people? What the fuck?