6

She didn't think tonight could get much worse but she had been wrong. After she was able to get off the stage, everyone and been ushered outside to the dinner tables - it's a bunch of circular tables, and the place settings have names on them so she landed at a fucking table with Harry, Pete, Dre, Austin, and three women. She had noted that Austin's name had been next to hers but he had grabbed it and stopped it with one of the woman's so now he is sitting as far away from her as possible. To top it off the men are all glaring at her except for Austin who now avoids all things Lux it seems.

"Oh, Lux, you don't know anyone, right?" Demi says coming up with Shawn to their table. Austin snorts and rolls his eyes then smiles at the woman sitting next to him who giggles and melts into a puddle.

Disgusting.

"Well, you have all been placed at this table because you are part of the wedding party. You will be spending a lot of time together this week and we would like you to stick to your partners like glue. It would mean so much to us that you all become the best of friends. Go on Shawn introduce them all to her," Demi says. "Harry, Pete, and, Dre are my groomsmen. Austin is my best man. Hailey, Petra, and Jessica are bridesmaids and everyone this is Lux the maid of honor," Shawn explains. Demi giggles and beams next to him."We have paired you all up! Harry and Hailey, Pete and Jessica, Dre and Petra, Austin, and Lux. That's how you will walk down the aisle and all our activities will have you paired up too!" Demi announces excitedly. Lux hopes like fucking hell there are peanuts in the salad - she has a peanut allergy and hopes she fucking dies. What the fuck did she do to deserve this hell? She is not going to any fucking activities and this is the last meal she is attending. Demi will get her on the wedding day and no more. Fuck this shit.

"I'll get the first round," Austin mumbles standing. Lux doubts very much she is included in that offer so she is surprised when he comes back from the bar and she gets a glass of white wine placed in front of her - he says nothing though as he sits down and turns to talk to Pete quietly. It means nothing that he remembers what she drinks. She hates him. Lux is ignored by everyone at the table but she was not expecting to suddenly be welcomed by them - even falsely. It may also be her resting bitch face - she is not very approachable. So by the time she gets through the main dish, she is pretty much done. No one has so much as looked her way all through dinner and she can't handle another second of being glared at or ignored.

She stands and no one says goodbye to her as she picks up her bag so she doesn't bother announcing her departure as she leaves the table and makes her way to the front desk. She intends on leaving without saying anything to Demi - she will only force her to stay longer. She orders a steak for Louis then steps outside, lighting a cigarette and filling her lungs while she waits for the steak. She hears the restaurant door open and then close, she does not have to turn around to know it's Austin - she can smell him. Vanilla and tobacco. She had got him onto that calone - she regrets it very much.

"Leave me the fuck alone, Austin."

He does not say anything but she hears him shift behind her then the sound of a lighter zipping as he lights his cigarette.

"I hoped I would never see you again, Lux."

"Trust me. It was not for a lack of trying."

The restaurant door opens again and a waiter comes out with Louis' steak. Thank fuck. She takes the steak and then flicks her cigarette at Austin who does not flinch when it hits him square in the chest. "It was very much not a pleasure...and you look stupid in that fucked up mullet. I hate it," she says then walks down the road, hoping to flag down a cab eventually.

"Hey! Hey, Lux!" she hears Austin shout after her. Can't the stupid man catch a fucking hint? She stops and turns around to face him. Austin is looking at her with so much hatred it makes her chest burn as he walks up to her.