06 ⛧

𝟎𝟔 deathblow

𝟎𝟔 deathblow . 𝐃𝐄𝐅𝐓𝐎𝐍𝐄𝐒
𝐃𝐄𝐅𝐓𝐎𝐍𝐄𝐒 k. bakugo (𝟏𝟖+)

𝐀𝐒 𝐒𝐎𝐎𝐍 𝐀𝐒 𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐂𝐀𝐌𝐄 𝐈𝐍, 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐀𝐆𝐎𝐍𝐘, 𝐈𝐓 𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓 𝐀𝐖𝐀𝐘. In the span of a week, Katsuki had severed your friendship, and the pain inflicted upon you lingered. It hit you so profoundly that you found yourself spiraling into a relapse that fateful night, seeking solace in the embrace of hard drugs to take away the pain. You stopped talking to people completely. Desperate to conceal this destructive habit, you hid it from the prying eyes of your peers, but the toll it took on your studies became evident as your academic performance suffered, allowing Katsuki to surpass you and claim the top spot. The weight of regret and helplessness pressed heavily upon him. His wounded pride prevented him from mustering the courage to plead for your forgiveness and reconciliation, leaving him broken, and unable to find a way forward.

Then you found the light. Shoto surpassed his peers in intellect and perceptiveness. Observing the signs of your depression and substance abuse that your friends could not, he took it upon himself to check on you, even though your connection had never transcended acquaintanceship. Each night, you confined yourself within the walls of your dorm room, the blaring music serving as a barrier to the outside world, you never left your room, not even for dinner, and when you did for a glass of water or a shower, Shoto was the only one who could see how much of a mess you looked; dilated pupils, your jaw grinding and gurning, your hair untouched. 

Today he'd decided enough was enough and it was unethical to be the only one who noticed and do nothing at all; he couldn't just tell Mina, this was a private thing for you, so, he'd do it by himself. 

Gingerly knocking on your door, he received no response. An uneasy feeling settled within him, prompting him to raise his voice. "If you want me to leave you alone, let me know," he called out, struggling to be heard over the music. No answer. Preparing to depart, he faintly heard the sound of choking, intensifying his sense of unease. He got a really bad feeling.

"I'm coming in," he declared, providing a brief warning before swinging open the door. There you lay on your bed, pale skin, wide-eyed, struggling against the confines of your own vomit. It was an overdose. The night became a battle for your well-being as dark thoughts of your past intertwined with the pain of Katsuki's departure, leading you to consume far more than usual in an attempt to drown out the sadness. Shoto rushed to your side, swiftly repositioning you to prevent further harm. Checking your pulse, he exhaled in relief upon confirming that you were still alive. "I'm calling an ambulance," he announced, moving to retrieve the nearest phone. Yet, a feeble hand grasped his wrist, halting him in his tracks.

"No," your weak voice pleaded, as he furrowed his brow in frustration, gently removing your hand from his wrist.

"You just overdosed, Y/n. I can't ignore that," he lamented, his anger dissipating as he realized the vulnerability and pain within you.

"Please, please, no one can know," you implored, reaching out to him once more. He shook his head, determined not to yield. "I'll go to rehab, just please, stop."

He sighed, retrieving a towel from your drawer and kneeling before you, wiping the remnants of vomit from your face. Though your embarrassment was palpable, your weakness left you unable to tend to yourself. "Y/n, listen to me," he spoke, offering you a glass of water. "I understand the difficulties life can present, especially with past traumas more than anyone here, but this isn't the path to finding solace."

Soft sobs escaped your lips, tears streaming down your face. "Then how?" you choked out, catching Shoto off guard. The star of UA High, epitomizing beauty, brilliance, and success, had transformed into a mess of addiction and helplessness.

"One day, you will discover your own way," he replied, swiftly confiscating the crystal bag from your dresser and placing it in his pocket, determined to dispose of it later. He couldn't explain why, but at this moment, a profound sense of care enveloped him. Fragments of your life story had reached his ears before, somewhat relatable, yet devoid of remorse. So why did he feel it now? Perhaps it was the emptiness he saw mirrored in your sorrowful gaze, reminiscent of his own.

Handing you the glass of water, he turned on his heel, intending to leave you alone. However, a desperate hand clutched his wrist once again. "Please," you pleaded, your voice saturated with loneliness and despair. "Don't go."

That was the beginning of the shared connection between trauma, the beginning of the two of you finding light in each other's darkness, 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐛𝐞𝐠𝐢𝐧𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐡𝐞𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐨𝐜𝐡𝐫𝐨𝐦𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐜 𝐛𝐨𝐲 𝐟𝐢𝐧𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧 𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐬𝐚𝐝 𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐭.

𝐔𝐍𝐁𝐄𝐊𝐍𝐎𝐖𝐍𝐒𝐓 𝐓𝐎 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐓𝐖𝐎 𝐎𝐅 𝐘𝐎𝐔, you had a viewer, a now seething one at that. Minutes before Shoto came to check on you, Katsuki had built up the strength to finally crawl back to you. He planned on apologizing and telling the truth, the full, raw truth. And, perhaps if he had been one second earlier, beating Shoto to it and saving your life, he would have won you back. You would have gladly taken his apology, really sympathized with his truth, and gone head over heels for him. Right now it would be him waiting in your room while you went for a shower, not Shoto. You would have probably been boyfriend and girlfriend not long after.

But Katsuki was too late. 

And now, he watched as you lay in Shoto's arms watching a movie together, he watched as Shoto's face lit up red, he watched as Shoto formed his now-found crush on Y/n.

but how, if he was not standing at your door peering through, was he watching?

a/n

I thought Shoto would be the perfect rival so this chapter is a filler for the introduction of Katsuki's rival >:)