Rathtar's and Gangs

Suddenly: a distant, METALLIC KA-CHUNK!

HAN: (CONT'D) Don't tell me a Rathtar's gotten LOOSE

The few Jedi in the room who knew what a Rathtar was blinked in surprise.

"Wait.. did he just say Rathtar?! You heard that right?" Anakin asked in bewilderment.

Master Fisto nods. "Apparently he did Skywalker."

Han hurries out - they all follow, (Chewie, Rey, Finn, then BB-8), Finn with WILD CONCERN:

FINN: Wait - a what?! Did you just say Rathtars? Hey!

INT. CARGO SHIP - HANGAR - DAY

The Falcon is parked in this giant freighter's hangar. Han moves to a CONTROL PANEL, they all follow him.

FINN: You're not hauling Rathtars on this freighter, are you?

HAN: I'm hauling Rathtars.

"This guy is crazy." Anakin said, a few Masters nodding in agreement.

Obi-Wan shook his head. "Some people are so ridiculous sometimes..."

Ahsoka looks at the screen and Anakin in confusion. What was a Rathtar?

On the CONTROL PANEL: IMAGES ON SCREENS FROM ALL AROUND THE SHIP. Including the EXTERIOR, where a TRANSPORT SHIP is LANDING ON THE FREIGHTER. Han is fearful.

HAN: (CONT'D) Oh great. It's the Guavian Death Gang - they must've tracked us from Nantoon.

"Oh great. More criminals." Anakin mutters, crossing his arms.

"I can't believe I'm saying this, but I'd rather interact with Hondo then deal with this guy." Ahsoka says in amusment. Obi-Wan nods. "I concur Ahsoka."

Han heads off as:

REY: What's a Rathtar?

INT. CARGO SHIP - CARGO CONTAINER CORRIDOR - DAY

Han leads our group down a LONG NARROW HALL lined with cargo containers.

HAN: They're big and dangerous...

FINN: Y'ever heard of the Trillia Massacre?!

REY: No.

FINN: Good.

"Master? What is the Trillia Massacre?" Ahsoka asks. Anakin goes a little pale, remembering his reaction to reading that story.

"You don't want to know Ahsoka," he replies.

Ahsoka is surprised at the seriousness in his voice but shrugs it off. There were more important things to think about.

They turn a corner:

HAN: I got three of 'em going to King Prana.

FINN: THREE?! How'd you get them on board?

HAN: I used to have a bigger crew.

"Well that's comforting," Master Fisto remarks.

Chewie GROAN-TALKS, concurring. CUT TO: LOOKING UP AS A HATCH OPENS IN THE FLOOR. HAN AND CO. ARE THERE.

HAN: Get below deck and stay there until I say so - don't even think about taking the Falcon.

REY: What about BB-8?

HAN: He stays with me - until I get rid of the gang, then you can have him back and be on your way.

FINN: What about the Rathtars... where are you keeping them?

A TERRIFYING BAM: a GROTESQUE RATHTAR GIANT TONGUE SLAMS into the CARGO CONTAINER window behind Finn, whose heart stops.

Ahsoka jumps in surprise and disgust, the other Jedi in the room sharing similar reactions at the sight of the beasts tongue on that window.