Plan of Attack

INT. RESISTANCE BASE - DAY

Finn, now a member of the inner circle of the Resistance, is huddled with the group around the MAP TABLE, which displays a WIREFRAME HOLOGRAM of a ROLLING VIEW OF THE SURFACE OF STARKILLER BASE.

"Well there's a familiar sight." Anakin commented. A few others nodded along in agreement, having attended dozens, if not hundreds of briefings for the war.

With Finn are Han, Leia, Poe, C-3PO, Statura, Ackbar, Brance, SNAP, MAJOR EMATT (60), NIEN NUNB, and others. An urgent, messy strategy session -

"Hey look, its Captain Ackbar!" Ahsoka said excitedly. Anakin looked closely and nodded in agreement.

"Nice to see he's still around." Master Fisto commented with a smile.

POE: The scan data from Snap's reconnaissance flight confirms Finn's report.

SNAP: They've somehow created a hyper lightspeed weapon built within the planet itself.

Everyone blinked in surprise.

"A lightspeed weapon?" Obi-Wan asked in surprise. "Is that even possible?"

"This First Order is just full of surprises. Most of them bad," Anakin grumbled.

BRANCE: A laser cannon?

SNAP: We're not sure how to describe a weapon of this scale.

MAJOR EMATT: (HORRIBLE MEMORIES) It's another Death Star.

Everyone eyes the screen warily. Nobody knows what the Death Star is but it sounds dangerous, something they wouldn't want to use. What happened in this obviously large time gap?!

POE: I wish that were the case, Major.

Poe hits a control. A WIREFRAME OF THE DEATH STAR APPEARS.

POE: (CONT'D) This was the Death Star.

Everyone stares at what appears to be a space station. They can't tell how large it is but they all notice the plasma emitter on its surface.

Anakin blinks a few times, getting strange memories of that station, and he sees a planet explode from a green laser. He shakes his head and the visions clear up again.

"What is that thing?" Master Windu asks.

Anakin frowns. "I think its some sort of... planet killer," he says hesitantly.

A few Jedi look at him curiously. "What makes you believe so Skywalker?" Master Mundi asks.

Anakin shrugs. "Just a feeling. Seems similar to Starkiller Base."

They all nod in agreement with the theory.

Poe hits another control - the Death Star SHRINKS - AND SHRINKS AND SHRINKS, as the SURFACE AREA OF THE STARKILLER BASE IS DRAWN INTO A LARGER IMAGE, REVEALING THE ENTIRE BASE PLANET. The Death Star is a minuscule SATELLITE in comparison.

POE (CONT'D) This is Starkiller Base.

This is news to many here, and they're stunned.

The Jedi all gape at the size of the weapon. It's HUGE! They didn't have a good way of comparing it to something, but seeing that its a planet and viewing it on the hologram, they're all struck by a new sense of fear and worry of such a weapon existing.

HAN: So it's big.

"Way to state the obvious." Ahsoka says with a grin.

ADMIRAL ACKBAR: How is it possible to power a weapon of this size?

FINN: It uses the power of the sun. As the weapon is charged, the sun is drained until it disappears.

An OFFICER runs up, hands Leia a DATACARD.