𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 1

𝐒𝐀𝐍 𝐅𝐑𝐀𝐍𝐂𝐈𝐒𝐂𝐎, 𝐂𝐀𝐋𝐈𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐍𝐈𝐀 July 21st 1:30 amCamilla's pov~

July 21st 1:30 am
Camilla's pov
~

Limping my way into my fathers office firm, I march myself all the way to my uncle Felix's office. He's not my uncle by blood, but none the less still my uncle. He's always treated and loved me like a niece so I see no reason to not see him as my uncle. At least that's the way I see it.

I bang my fist against his door praying he's still here at this unholy hour of the morning. "U-uncle Felix. Open the door." I hiccup, trying to catch the eruption of weeping at bay.

With no more than three seconds passing, the door is swung open revealing a worried Felix. "Are you okay, mija? What's wrong? Where are your parents?" He says, panic heavy in his voice.

"P-papá is d-dead." I whimper as a few tears invade the open canvas of my cheek. "I-I'm so scared, uncle Felix." I cannot help but throw myself into his embrace to which he excepts openly.

For what feels like forever, he allows me to cry into his chest as he whispers calming things into my ear which does happen to help me calm down.

"We have to go." Uncle Felix stated, breaking apart our embrace. "Whoever did this will only trace you back here and right now we're sitting ducks. You're not safe out in the open like this. We have to get you to the Cobra. He'll protect you." He wiped a few fallen tears from my cheeks before ushering me out of the building and into his sleek blacked out car.

Throughout the long duration of the car ride, I rest my head on the window. Staring out of it's transparent shield, I watch as everything I've ever known slowly disappears, fading into one distant memory. Except this particular night would be etched into the deepest part of my brain. It's scar so deep I'd never be able to forget it. One big nightmare that I'd never be able to escape for the remainder of my life.

What will my life become? How will I ever find peace knowing that my father is gone? Knowing that I had to leave my mother behind because she only wanted to keep me safe. Lord knows what has happened to her already. And that alone is eating me from the inside out. How could I just leave her? At least I know my father is dead and no longer suffering, but what about her?

I swear to I'll kill the bastard responsible for hurting my parents even if it is the last thing that I do.

I'm so deep into my thinking that I hadn't even noticed the car stopping. Or the sun now setting high in the sky.
How long had we driven that the sun had come up without my realizing?

"C'mon, mija. The cobra is waiting for you." Uncle Felix tells me, giving my shoulder a reassuring squeeze.

The simple fester is all I need to build up the courage to get out of the car. I'd never met the cobra before, so I wasn't quite sure what to expect. Was he a nice man? Did he even want to take care of me?