Chapter Five- Dinner

Juliana's POV 

Today was exhausting, to say the least. Not only did I have some weird sort of flashback, but then Justin never wanted to stop playing. How the fudge he has so much energy is beyond me.

Speaking of fudge, I should make some.

I was currently soaking in the peace that came with my bathroom as I desperately tried to do something cute with my hair.

Sometimes I hate my hair. It was so boring, and very mandane. Yep, ponytail it is.

Putting my freshly washed hair in a high ponytail, I put on a new t-shirt and shorts.

I was getting ready for dinner, and even though I wanted to wear a hoodie, I couldn't because apparently we were having a BBQ tonight.

Lucky me.

Speaking of which, I should probably be going.

Grabbing my phone and slipping it into my pocket, I made my way downstairs, through the living room and kitchen, sliding open the glass door that led to the patio.

The patio door that led to the rest of the backyard (because their patio has a little glass dome around it) was open, and I could see Justin and one of my other cousins playing near the in-ground pool.

Uncle Stefano, Grandpa, and Elijah were by the grill, while Grandma and Aunt Stephanie were sitting on the large couch that was shaped like a horseshoe, talking. I was pretty sure that I had five cousins, however I could only spot three of them out here.

I contemplated going and sitting on the couch, however I wasn't sure about talking to Grandma yet. I sure as hell wasn't going to willingly talk to Grandpa, even just looking at him was scary. I really didn't want to go play with Justin and whoever he was playing with. He had worn me out enough earlier.

I was still weighing my options when a voice cleared behind me. I flinched, turning around to give the person a dirty look.

What was it with people in this family loving to play: Sneak up on Julie?

He glared right back, not truly giving me a nasty look, more like matching my attitude.

"You're blocking the entry way." He grumbled.

"You could have just said excuse me." I said, and stepped to the side to let him through.

"Are you planning on standing there all night?" He asked, and instead of moving outside, he leaned in the doorway.

"Are you planning on wasting the AC all night?" He rolled his eyes, stepping out onto the patio and slamming the door shut rather loudly, gaining the attention of just about everyone outside, except for Justin and the one playing with him, as they were too far out of range.

"Better princess?" He asked in a mocking tone and I just smiled tightly at him.

"Juliana." I turned at my name being called, looking over to see Aunt Stephanie waving me over.

"Thanks." I said to Mr. Rude before I walked over to where Grandma and Aunt Stephanie were sitting.

"Julie, it's been so long." Aunt Stephanie said, standing up and embracing me tightly. I couldn't help but feel awkward, gently patting her back before she let go and smiled down at me.

"You've grown so much." she said, still looking at me with a wide smile that honestly should have been creepy.

"Let the poor girl breathe." Grandma said, now standing next to Aunt Stephanie.