Chapter Eleven - Sleepovers

@JulesNI Here you go! Hope you like it.

Juliana's POV

"So is it true that girl sleepovers are all about hair and make up and boy talk?" Justin asked over his bite of ice cream while he sat on the couch next to me.

"I don't know." I shrugged, shoving a bite of cookies and cream ice cream into my mouth.

"What do you mean you don't know. You're a girl." Elliot rolled his eyes.

"I mean I've never had a sleepover. So I wouldn't know." I didn't look up from my ice cream until I noticed that an odd silence had taken over the room.

Looking up I saw that everybody was now staring at me, either giving me a look of shock or disbelief.

"What do you mean you've never had a sleepover?" Hunter asked, sounding flabbergasted.

"Are you all going to repeat everything I say back to me in question form? Because in that case we are going to have a long night."

"So you're telling me that you have never stayed over at someone else's house, or vice versa?" Massimo asked, seemingly not believing me.

"I know what a sleepover is Massimo." I rolled my eyes. "And no. I really don't have that many friends in New York. Most of them disappear pretty quickly anyway."

"Excuse me?" Uncle Stefano asked, raising an eyebrow at me and I noticed that that comment definitely caught a few people's attention.

"Oh no! Not like that." I exclaimed and they relaxed. "Bad wording on my end. I guess they... dispersed? I don't keep friends for long." I explained.

"Well that's going to change." Elijah said and I along with a few others gave him a questioning look.

"We're going to have a sleepover tonight. All of us." He declared.

"A sleepover? In our own house? With our family, who we see on a nightly basis?" Massimo critiqued, and Elijah simply nodded.

"Yep. Massimo. You and Elliot take your grumpy asses-"

"Language."

"-And go find some board games, Justin come with me, and Hunter keep Juliana up stairs until I say so. Everyone else go get in your PJ's." Elliot demanded and surprisingly everybody listened.

Hunter indeed walked me to my room, made sure I went to change, and then stood guard at my door, not allowing me to leave for the next 15 minutes, while they set up whatever it is they wanted to set up.

When Hunter was allowed to let me loose, I was actually pretty surprised.

When we got downstairs I found that Elijah had set up stations. The coffee table area was for making jewellery, the couch had extra blankets and pillows on it for when we settled down and watched a movie.

What was a little odd to me was the humongous pile of blankets, pillows, and mattresses (yes you heard me right) in the corner of the living room.

Peeking into the kitchen I saw that the counters all had little stations where we could each make and decorate our own pan of brownies, and the dining table was set up for board games.

"Do you like it?" Elijah asked nervously.

"Like it? How could I not like it? You did all of this in fifteen minutes?" I asked bewildered.

Elijah just shrugged but I saw the slight colour that rose to his cheeks and the smile that stretched his face.

"Whatcha wanna do first?" Justin asked, bouncing slightly on his toes.