Chapter 6: Sickness

I woke up wrapped in Alecs arms and for a second I thought I was still dreaming.

My body felt hot and the was a sheen of sweat on my brow, even though I was freezing cold.

I gazed at Alecs face. His luscious curls pointed out wildly but he still made them look unreastrainably good, his chiseled features looked more handsome every passing day.

Stop it, Angela. Why in the world of all that is good and pure would you dare think such a thing? You hate him, he hates you. Get over it.

Although my internal self was aurguing my outer self just wanted to pet his curls.

I unlocked my grasp from behind his back and let my hand and fingers explore the amazing world of curly hair.

Suddenly his eyes popped open.

"What are you doing?"

I retracted my hand, "Im sorry, I had to. It was just impossible to not touch your hair. Its so soft."

He smirked, "Alright, you like the feel of my hair, and I like the smell of yours.... we're even."

As if remebering, he put his nose into my crazy cloud of hair and took a deep whiff.

"...Thats weird..." he says and takes another whiff.

"It doesnt smell like usual. Did you use a different shampoo?"

"No... but I am sweaty.(oh my god I cant believe I just said that, his image of me now is completely ruined) but I dont know why, im freezing cold."

His hand removes itself from my side and is placed onto my forehead.

His eyebrows lock down in concern as his eyes dart around my face.

"You've got a fever. I told you, I told you you were gonna get sick from going in the rain. But you know whatcha did? Go in the rain."

He rolled away with one arm trapped under me.

"Why don't you listen?"

"I do listen. I just choose not to, sometimes." I say.

"You cant go to school today. You could be contagious or like throw up or something."

I rolled over onto my stomach (the most comfortable position ever) and repositioned my head, "well I guess ill stay home today."

"Ah, finally, you listened to me."

"No, I am just to weak to argue with you right now."

"Well you shouldnt be alone while youre sick, so ill stay too." He winks.

"What? No, Alec. You missed yesterday so you have to come today. Youre not sick. Go to school, you idiot."

"So? And calling me an idiot doesnt make me want to go anymore, so yeah, watch yourself."

"What in the world are you talking about?"

He rolls back to me, about to say something. A bad decision on his part, because as soon as he did I sneezed.

I laughed as his features filled with disgust and surprise.

"Ew! ANGELA, MY MOUTH WAS OPEN!!"

I burst into laughter, unable to hold it in.

He swipes at his mouth with one hand since the other is trapped under my body.

"That's disgusting."

I was panting, "Thats freakin hilarious."
I laughed some more.

He glanced at me and a small smile played with the corner of his mouth.