Chapter 8: crying doesnt help

Ever since Alec started sleeping with me (and no not 'sleeping with' me you nasties) the nightmares didnt happen.
I dont know if it was just his presence or something else, but it helped.

I woke up, once again in Alecs arms. A small smile pulled on the corners of my lips as i had an idea. I pulled my arm away from him and reached to the bed side table and grabbed the pen that was on top of my homework.

I bit back a giggle as i drew a swirly line under Alecs nose. I drew in between his eyesbrows and put a mole on his cheek aswell.

I pulled back and admired my work. Perfect.

Now all i have to do is wait for him to wake up.

I broke away from his arms and went to the kitchen.

The oven clock said 6:45, so it would be awhile before he woke up. Not only that but it was also saturday.

I started making eggs for two.

I heard the covers rustle and then footsteps. I didnt turn around to look at him. I would blow my cover.

"Goodmorning." He said with the ruggedly sexy muggy voice.

"Goodmorning." I say back, biting my cheek.

He went into the bathroom.

The toilet flushed, the i heard the sinks water running.

Oh crap.

"ANGELA!! YOU ARE SO DEAD!"

I hurried and put the eggs on two plates and ducked under the table as the bathroom door busted open.

"I swear, im gonna hurt you."

"No you wont."

His feet appeared next to the table, shuffling from side to side since he had just woken up and was angry as heck.

"Wanna bet?"

"Youd loose your money." I say and inch to the other end of the table.

Suddenly he bent down and grabbed my arms.

"Ah ha!! Got you!"

I screamed. I had the biggest smile on my face.

And so did he.

He pulled me from out from under the table.

"How much?"

"What?"

"How much money? We are making a bet."

"Hmmmm..." i say bringing my finger to my chin i a thinking pose, he still had dodging on my elbows, "How 'bout no."

I jerk my arms away and ran.

Im laughing hysterically and dodged his arms.

I trip over the rug in the living room infront of the tv and he trips over me.

He hurridly crawls over to me amd holds me down.

He pants, "how 'bout yes."

Our laughter quitens and i became aware that hes just lying on top of me.

My heartbeat quickens and feel my face get red.

"Umm." He mumbles awkwardly. He rolls off of me.

I take the chance and jump on top of him.

"LOSER! You should never leave me unattended."

He laughs, "Youre wish is my command, darling."

I laugh.

"Why are you laughing?" He asks.

"Because, your face. Literally." I laugh again.

He smirks, "Yeah, yeah, Ha-ha. Very funny."

"Yes. Yes i am."

I stand up.

"I made eggs if youre hungry."

He stands up too. "No thanks, ive got to meet a chick at the cafe."

"Oh."

My heart fell.

Of course, yeah, hes a dude. He doesnt like me, rember at the party, he came with a pretty blonde girl. Ugh, i shouldnt let myself get attached to him.

"Hey, Alec?"

"Yeah?"

"The nightmares are gone so you dont need to sleep with me anymore." I kept my eyes down at my feet.

"Really? Oh, um, ok." He said.
He went to his room and got dressed.

He came back out fully dressed in jeans, a flannel shirt, and one of those guy cardigans. He looked so handsome

No stop. He doesnt like you. Hes going to breakfast with another girl for goodness sakes.

"I'll be back later." He said and left.

My throat ached a little amd my ears felt like they had water rushing through them.

~~~

It had been 5 hours since Alec left and he still isnt back yet.

Well he did say later there's no telling when he'll get back.

I was sitting on the couch watching tv when trevor came in.

"Trevor? What are you doing here?" I ask.

"I was gonna invite you to another party. But now that i think about it... maybe i shouldnt."

"Im not gonna get drunk and pass out again. I promise. Ive learned my lesson."

He smiled, "I was kidding, but im glad. Its in a couple minutes, so you might wanna start gettimg ready."

"Oh no, I dont actually wanna go. I was just saying."

His face fell. "Are you sure?"

"Yeah. Id rather not. Maybe next time." I say, offering a small smile.

"Oh ok. Well, bye i guess." He says and walks out.

Not long after he left the dormrooms door busted open. Alec and the same girl he was kissing at the party came in making out heavily. The found their way to Alecs room, not seperating their lips once.

My throat closed and tears stung the back of my eyes. One fell across my cheek.

I ran to my room, grabbed my jacket, put on a nicer shirt, and a small bit of mascara and left.

I found Trevor and ran up to him.

"Hey, that invitation still open?"

He turned to me surpised and smiled at me. "Of course." He says and wraps an arm over my shoulder and leads me away.
Away from the sadness, away from the betrayal for no one but my heart.