Chapter VIII

Anne's vibe for the following chapters:

FIGHT FOR ME

FIGHT FOR ME

The young queen's skirts dragged against the cobbled stone pavers and her dark hair swayed with the wind as she ran from her chambers and into the king's. "Anne?!" he exclaimed as she breathlessly barged into his bedchamber and interrupted his game of chess with Charles Brandon, his most loyal friend. "Is everything alright? Has our son fallen ill?"

"Our son is well," she assured him. "It is Mary I've come to you about. I fear her sanity may be a risk as she's had to bare witness to the most immoral of sins during our promenade in the gardens this morning."

Henry stood from where he sat with Charles Brandon and walked toward her. "What...?"

"Mary and I have witnessed Jane Seymour FUCKING her brother in the gardens!" Anne said without an ounce a hesitation and a hint of laughter followed by her words for their was irony in the situation.

"What?!" Henry uttered as he stumbled back onto the fireplace behind and held onto its bricked frame for support.

"You heard me... she was FUCKING HER BROTHER! And if you don't believe me feel free to ask Mary," Anne said with a hand on a hip and the other waving freely in the air.

Henry turned to Charles Brandon. "Bring Mary to me," he ordered for he needed confirmation on this and what better confirmation then that of his doting daughter.

"Are you sure of this?! Are you sure your eyes did not deceive you?!" Henry said marching over to her and shaking her by her thin shoulders.

"As sure as the love I bear for our children," Anne said pulling away. "Her skirts were lifted and he was in them."

Henry looked off to the side in disbelief for Jane was known to be a pious woman. "He could've been helping her with something." he said backing away.

"Yes, by impregnating her with a child so that she could later deceive you into believing it was yours, so that she and her family could remain in your good graces." Anne became infuriated by his unwillingness to believe her.