Chapter I

A FUTURE KING OF ENGLAND

Tower of London, May 20, 1536

At the brink of dawn, Charles Brandon, 1st Duke Of Suffolk arrived at the Tower of London, at King Henry's request, and was lead to the young Queen's lodgings by Sir William Kingston. Where she stood at the foot of her bed with her baby in her arms. "Forgive me, little one for I have condemned you to a fate not worth its glory," she whispered, at the sound of their footsteps for she couldn't stop thinking about what King Francis I had told her before she had become queen; This station you will be asked to occupy is not an easy one especially to those not born to it. It is much harder to have everything than to have nothing. If I had not been born to be king. I would certainly not have wished that fate upon myself.

Still, she knew that it was time for her to return to court, and resume her position as Queen of England, and for him to begin his journey as the future King of England.

"Majesty..." uttered Charles Brandon, as if someone had forced the words out of him, and he stepped into her bedchamber.

The young Queen turned in his direction and stared blankly at him for what could've been seconds. "My lord." she said, with a hint of a smirk. "Have you come to accompany me back to court? Or have you come to take my son away from me?"

"The King has ordered me to accompany you and the prince back to court, your majesty. Where he along with hundreds of euphoric courtiers await the arrival of the prince." Charles replied. "And yours..."

The young Queen gazed down at her son who's cheeks were as red as the Tudor Rose. "My son? Is he to be christened today?" she inquired.

Charles nodded his head. "Yes, a lavish ceremony has been planned by the king himself."

The young Queen let out a slight scoff without a thought because she still couldn't believe how quickly the tables had turned. "Where is he to be christened?" she asked.

"At the Royal chapel." replied Charles.

"Who are to be his godparents?" she asked.

The Duke of Suffolk slightly tilted his head down, and sniffed a bit of the draft air in the atmosphere. "My wife Katherine, Lady Mary and your sister are to be his godmothers and Archbishop Cranmer, Thomas Howard, the Duke of Norfolk, and myself are to be his godfathers." He replied.

The young Queen didn't smile nor did she frown because all that mattered to her was that her son was to be christened and acknowledged as the king's legitimate son and heir.
"My ladies what has been of them?" she asked, though she couldn't give a damn about them for they had betrayed her; she simply wanted to know if they were to remain in her service.

"At court preparing your bedchambers for your arrival." replied Charles.

The young Queen resisted the urge to roll her eyes. "Hypocrites" she thought. "I suppose that I am to remain in them until I'm churched?" she said, inquisitively.

"Yes, your majesty." replied Charles.

"What of Lady Seymour, my lord? Does she remain at court? Or has she been asked to leave?" she asked, and not because she worried about her presence at court but because she now actually wanted her there. She wanted to be able make her life a living hell. Just like she had caused the king to do with hers.

"We should get going your majesty, people are anxiously waiting the prince's arrival especially his majesty the king." said Charles, gesturing at the door.

The young Queen sauntered on over to the door. "I suppose we should." she said, coolly, then she kindly looked at her homely maids. "Come."

The three homely maids obeyed and sauntered on over to her side.

"Madam, with all due respect these maids cannot accompany you to court." said Charles.

"My lord, these women brought my son. The future king of England into this world! They deserve a place a court more than anyone there and they will have it! They will be ladies in waiting's! Not the traitors who await for me!" she said, lividly. "Now lead the way, my son has a christening to get to, and I crown to return to."

Sir William Kingston nodded his head, then lead the way, and the young Queen tightly cradled her son in her arms so that no one would be able to rip him out of her arms and she made every step out of the Tower of London and smiled and waved at a cheering crowd which had formed outside, and the more she waved and smiled at them. The more they cheered, and praised the lord for her deliverance and the long awaited heir for England that he had sent them through her.

The Duke of Suffolk couldn't believe his eyes, the people seemed to adore the young Queen as they had once adored the Spanish Queen, Katherine.

"Long live the queen!" chanted the crowd.

All their joy and praises made the young Queen feel as if she were having a glorious dream. One she did not wish to ever wake from because she had long dreamed about this moment, this she took her time to reach the carriage that awaited her at the gates for she wanted to rejoice in the moment. 

The Duke of Suffolk thought about quickly pulling her into the carriage, but then though better of it because he couldn't just lay his hands on the Queen of England; especially in front of a crowd of her adoring servants. So, he let her have her moment.

Once in the carriage, the young Queen thought about how different her life as Queen would be moving forward, and she thanked God for having delivered her and given her a healthy son, and the support of her people.