Chapter IV

GOD'S CHOSEN QUEEN

Greenwich Palace, May 23, 1536

The arrival of the long-awaited Prince of Wales had made young Anne's position as Queen of England unassailable in the eyes of those loyal to her but it seemed to have come at a great price. One that King Henry did not want to have to pay to the man above for London had not melted into the Thames. His love for her still burned like the flames upon the beeswax candles that lit the palaces chapel in which he had spent the night begging the man above for another chance at being the husband he had promised him to be for her three years ago.

"Move aside! I have an urgent message to relay to the king on the Queens condition." Thomas Cranmer, said hastily as he pushed past the guards who were guarding the chapel and made his way inside.

The king turned his head at the sound of the chapel doors being flung open. "Thomas..." he sighed, worry lingering in his lips.

"Majesty... It brings me great joy to inform you that her majesty Queen Anne has miraculously made it through the night and that the royal physician is confident that she will recover in due time." Thomas Cranmer said, blissfully.

His prayers had worked! Kind Henry jumped to his feet and hurried over to the Archbishop of Canterbury and firmly placed his hands on his shoulders. "Thank you! I promise onto you and before God  that I will never again be untrue to my marriage vows!" he said, truthfully and then looked towards the altar at the statue of Jesus Christ which stood in the center. He then pushed past, the archbishop and headed for the exit. "Guards!" he shouted. "Sound the bells! And toss gold coins onto the people in the name of God's chosen Queen,"

The guards thudded their sprees and proclaimed. "Long live God's chosen Queen!"  before rushing to their given tasks.

Not even minutes later, the young Queen heard the bells from her bedchamber and smiled radiantly at their sound.
"They love me..." she said, breathily.

Her sister, Mary nodded with an equally radiant smile. "Why wouldn't they?" she questioned. "You're their Queen."

"You're as they say, God's chosen Queen." said Thomas Cranmer, entering her bedchamber with princess Elizabeth who gleefully exclaimed. "Mama!" and ran over to her bed by which she forget her manners and climbed onto like a savage.

"Elizabeth, my own heart." Anne said, with a beatifically smile as she opened her arms for her daughter.

The little Princess threw herself into her mother's arms and clutched onto her nightgown with her tiny fingers.

"Careful, Princess Elizabeth, your mother is fragile." cautioned Mary.

"My mama isn't fragile, she's strong." Elizabeth said, sassily.

Her aunt chuckled. "Pardon me, Princess. You're right, she's strong. " she said.

The little Princess turned back to her mother and dolefully looked into her piercing blue eyes. "I've missed you, mama." she said.

"As have I my sweet girl!" Anne cried, happily and placed her hands on her daughters tiny head and kissed it in an aggressive but yet loving manner because for now they were both safe and sound and more importantly together.