𝐈 - 𝐚𝐧 𝐚𝐜𝐜𝐢𝐝𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐚𝐥 𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐜𝐮𝐞 𝐦𝐢𝐬𝐬𝐢𝐨𝐧

𝙥𝙧𝙚𝙨𝙚𝙣𝙩 𝙙𝙖𝙮

You were a quiet person. You were anti-social and introverted, you spent your time doing all the things an average person your age does; watch YouTube videos, spend ages on social media, watch anime (a personal favourite of yours was Attack On Titan) and never leave your room. However you were different, you were a genius - and nobody knew, you made sure nobody knew how brilliant you were. The reason being that you had invented and created many magnificent things, impossible things, things that one could only ever dream about, things like a short distance teleportation device and another device that gives you invisibility and other cool, amazing things... you didn't want the government and scientists inspecting you and your creations, you didn't want the media all over you, no. All you had achieved so far was top secret - only you knew about it.

You lived alone in a fairly small apartment in a cosy little town. It wasn't much, but it was all you needed. You had a few friends, no boyfriend - which you didn't mind, and family was about an hours drive away. Your family was very wealthy and they gave you money therefore you didn't need a job. Life was good!

In front of you was a fully functioning multiverse travelling machine.

𝙖 𝙛𝙚𝙬 𝙢𝙤𝙣𝙩𝙝𝙨 𝙚𝙖𝙧𝙡𝙞𝙚𝙧

You studied the multiverse theory prior to planning and constructing the machine. In a nutshell, the theory states that there are an infinite number of universes, including your own. Some may be similar to your universe, and some may be drastically different. This interests you greatly, thoughts and questions rushing through your head at a million miles an hour. Questions like, "Could i create a machine to prove this theory? I could surely try..." and "What if every story we have ever created actually exists in another universe" Before reading about this wild theory you had finished re-watching Attack On Titan for the billionth time, suddenly a thought popped into your head. "What if... there is a universe in which all the characters from Attack On Titan exist? What if there is an Attack On Titan universe?" Your head started spinning, and your eyes widened, you just blew your own mind.

You had decided you wanted to try to invent this machine, however it would be more complex than you thought. You wanted to see if the Attack On Titan universe actually existed - creating a multiverse machine than jumps randomly from universe to universe would pretty much make it impossible to find a specific universe since the theory states that there could be an infinite number of them. So you decided to challenge yourself. You went the extra mile and planned to build a machine that could locate a universe.

𝙥𝙧𝙚𝙨𝙚𝙣𝙩 𝙙𝙖𝙮

"Yes! It looks just as i planned!" You squeal excitedly eyeing up your creation. You had built a large and sort of wide, about 8 foot high, clear hollow cylinder which was pleasantly tinted blue - big enough to fit about 5 people inside. It had a clear portrait door on the front of the cylinder, which allowed access in and out of it. The top and bottom of this cylinder were sealed off with what resembled a Pringles lid but thicker and shimmering silver, making the door on the front the only way in and out of the machine. To the right of the machine was what looked like a high-tech touchscreen computer monitor, and below was a scanner, again very much like an ordinary computer scanner. On your hand is a rectangular device and have multiple buttons and a square screen that had yet to be turned on. You had decided to call the cylinder machine the 'Multiverse Travel Machine' and the device in your hand the 'Multiverse Travel Device'.

"If I've done this accordingly," You begin to explain to yourself, "I will be able to upload or scan any kind of book, television episode, movie... anything that is story based and is even the slightest bit different to this universe to this monitor or scanner, and it will be able to tell me if that universe actually exists..." You felt yourself begin to hyperventilate out of utter excitement, you could hardly control yourself. "If there is a universe that matches what i wish to find, the machine and the device will be able to take me there!!" You trembled, eager to test out your machine. You went over to the monitor and turned it on. It resembled very much like a normal desktop, it had apps and connected to the internet, you just tweaked it to meet the needs you desired. You opened an app that you specially programmed for your machine. This app was what was going to locate a universe. "All i have to do now it upload an episode of Attack On Titan into the search engine, and hopefully, it should work!" You did just that and uploaded a random episode - it shouldn't matter which one, as all it has to do is locate that universe.

Once the episode had fully uploaded, you quickly hit 'Search' and waited impatiently

A few seconds later , a pleasant 'DING' sound and a green check mark appeared on screen. Your eyes widened, and you gasped heavily, which caused you to then involuntarily choke on your saliva. "Oh my God, the Attack on Titan universe actually exists!"

Suddenly, your excitement was cut off by your thoughts. "Oh God... they are legitimate people who have gone through so much..." You realized that the characters were actual people... and have actually experienced death and destruction by the titans.. which also actually exists. "Shit." With great power comes great responsibility, and you now feel responsible for these people and their lives. You couldn't just visit their universe for fun, for the thrills, you couldn't just leave them all there in that nasty, awful world and go back and forth whenever you pleased. You began to feel a little sick, this God-like power that you had at the tip of your fingers overwhelmed you. You had to help them, the people inside the walls, trapped and denied their freedom and right to live, you needed to help them. Fear and determination rushed through your body, you had set yourself up for a bloody rescue mission.

Immediately, your mind began plotting out a plan, weighing out the pros and cons of doing certain things. "I can't just show up there, though... what if something happens? I should perform a couple of tests before i even think about trying to tell someone in that universe about my creation... i might not even be able to get them from their universe to mine!" You explain to yourself that this defiantly was a lot bigger and more complicated than you originally intended.

You sat down at your desk and thought things over. You figured out plans and tests and experiments. You came to the decision that the first thing you were going to do was travel to the AOT universe and bring something back. Not a human, perhaps a cat, and observe it to see if it functions normally in your universe. If it does, then that's a good sign that a human will too. You will have to keep an eye on your physical health as you don't know what this machine could do to you if you travel to another universe. You will bring your invisibility and teleportation devices with you too to test those in hopes they will work in alternate universes. "Okay." You stood up and began to pack your bag in preparations for your first trip.

After packing everything you needed, you threw your bag over your shoulder and made your way to the machine. You held the travel device in your hand and scanned the coordinates of the AOT universe to it from the monitor.

You hesitantly opened the door to the travel machine and stepped inside, your heart was beat like crazy, the nerves were beginning to get to you, and you felt slightly queasy.

You shut the clear door tightly and looked down at the travel device in your hand. Your shaking fingers hovered over the big button. You squeezed your eyes shut and quickly pressed it.

You expected to feel anything from slight tingling to immense pain, but you felt nothing. Reluctantly, you opened your eyes and almost choked - you found yourself standing on the wall

𝙤𝙛 𝙏𝙧𝙤𝙨𝙩 𝙙𝙞𝙨𝙩𝙧𝙞𝙘𝙩.