𝐕𝐈𝐈 - 𝐛𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐡𝐨𝐦𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐛𝐚𝐜𝐨𝐧

A bright flash of white filled your vision for a moment, but a second later, you were back inside your travel machine and you could see the familiar surroundings of your home. You opened the door to the machine and stepped out, stumbling a bit as you were processing all that just happened. You glanced at the clock on the wall, it was midday, and it was a week day, so the shops would still be open.

You put your bag on the table at the end of the room and emptied it, putting all your devices and travel supplies to aside and instead replaced it with just your purse and started heading for your front door.

You heard a small 'mew' just as your hand touched the door handle. You spun your head around to see the cat you brought back sat in your bedroom doorway, watching you. You smiled at it.

"Hey little guy." You cooed, moving over to the cat, bending down and stroking its soft head. "I'm just going to the shops, i'll be back soon, and i'll make sure to bring you some cat treats back." You said to it. It meowed softly in response, almost as if knowing what you were saying to it. And with that, you left your apartment.

As you walked along the street on your way to your local convenience store which was about 5 minutes away from where you lived, you watched the cars go by and admired the pretty surroundings of lush green trees and colourful flowers, you realised how incredibly different it all looked to the streets of Trost, you wondered how people from the walls would react to seeing such a thriving and beautiful town, not to mention vehicles, electricity and technology in general.. how were you to explain that to them? You pondered the rest of the way to the shops about how you were going to do this, not only were you rescuing these people but also going to have to teach them the ins and outs of your universe and your society. You were never one to shy away from a challenge, but good Lord, this was going to be tough.

You were snapped out of your thoughts as the cool, air conditioned air of the convenience store hit your skin, you strolled through the automatic shop doors and grabbed a trolley and began wheeling it down the first isle of the store.

At first you wondered what on earth you should buy, but it didn't take long until you were shoving all different kinds of food into your trolley however you made sure to only grab things that didn't require cooking in a microwave or a stove. You walked up and down the isles, throwing food in such as different kinds of bread, vegetables, fruits, chocolate, sweets, pastries, cakes, muffins, cheese, crisps, nuts - you were basically buying half the store. You made sure to pick up some cat treats on your way too.

A good 15 minutes had passed, and your trolley was almost full. You decided that was more than enough and began making your way towards to check out when something caught your eye in one of the isles. Tea. The shelves were stocked with various brands, and different flavours of tea were packaged in colourful boxes. You walked over to the shelves and eyed up all the different kinds of tea. Green tea, fruit tea, mint tea, organic tea, honey tea, literally every flavour of tea under the sun. A small grin formed on your face as you wondered if Levi would like some of these flavours. You and Levi hadn't gotten off to the best of starts, and you knew that. You also understood his scepticism and his anger. You picked up about 5 different types of teas and put them in your trolley, hoping that this would be enough as an apology. You knew he was a good man and had a traumatic history. He deserved all the tea in the world.

You pushed your trolley to a checkout where a nice woman sat at the end and began piling your shopping onto the conveyor belt. The woman at the registers' expression soon changed from welcoming to pure shock as more and more food was shoved onto her checkout.

"We'll be left with no stock after i sell you all this food!" The woman said to you, chuckling as you finished putting the final products onto the conveyor. You chuckled back at the kind
woman.