protect you

"Oakley I would like you to meet someone." Kayce says. It's still early in the morning and I was saddling my horse. "This is Tate my son." Kayce says smiling at me.
  "Well hi there tate, it's nice to meet you." I say smiling at Kayce and mouthing thank you. Rip came walking around the corner.
   "Hey Aunt Oakley." Tate says.
   "You wanna see my horse?" I ask him.
   "Heck yeah." He said existed. Rip walked over to kayce.
    "Rip we need to talk." Kayce say to rip.
   "Keep her safe rip."
    "What the hell Kayce."
    "Rip, I need you to keep her safe, we are moving back out and I need you to watch her."
    "I  thought you hated me Kayce."
    "Rip, seeing how much she fought for you and how much she cares I think I understand you a little better."
    "Kayce, I will do anything in my power to protect her." Kayce puts his hand on rip shoulder and comes to grab Tate. Me and tate say goodbye.
    "We are leaving tomorrow."
     "I know." I say back to kayce.

____________________________________________

It was later In the day and no one could get ahold of my dad. Rip and kayce went to find him.

____________________________________________

Rips pov

I tried calling Mr Dutton again.
   "Kayce any luck?" I asked
   "No he's not answering." He says
   "Yeah me either. " I called Oakley instead.
    "Rip have you found him yet?" She asked.
    "No not yet we are Still looking." I answered.
    "Uh rip, RIP RIP SHIT." Kayce yelled. I look over and a truck is coming at us full speed. It tee bones us.
    "RIP, RIP ,RIP." I hear Oakley yelling over the phone. The car that hit us starts shooting at us. I grabbed the phone and said. "Tell Lloyd we are at the 15th pastor road." I say through the phone.
    "Well the hell is going on Kayce?" I yell to him as we both take cover around the truck.
    "I don't fucken know." He yells back I reached in the truck and grabbed my pistol and the one in the glove box and handed it to kayce.

____________________________________________

Oakleys pov

  "LLOYD GET IN THE FUCKEN TRUCK."  I yell to him. He runs over and jumps in.
   "What the hell Oakley." He asked
   "Rip and kayce are getting shot at." I say speeding on the road.
    "Well shit, weren't they looking for your dad." He says reaching back around to the back seat and grabbed the shotgun and rifle. We reached the area rip said he was at and we saw him and kayce pinned. I parked the car right next to the damage truck. I took the rifle and Lloyd took the shotgun we ran up next to kayce and rip.
   "What the hell Oakley I said tell Lloyd not go with him."  Rip says angry.
   "What's the fucken plan here?" Lloyd asked
    "Kayce counted 5." Rip said.
    "Hell we could take 5 guys." I say
    "Not with fucken assault rifles no." Kayce said. " We have two pistols almost out of ammo a shotgun and a hunting rifle."
   "Wait I have a plan, that bush is thick enough that I could crawl through and get on there side take then out from there while you guys cover me." I suggested.
   "Hell no." Rip said
    "Nope not a chance." Kayce said
    "Ok then cowboys got a better fucken plan." I say. Gun fire still all around us. Rip and kayce look at each other.
   " it's the best got rip." Kayce says
    "No no no, not an option." Rip says back
    "Ok then we all fucken die here." Lloyd says.
    "There is a bullet proof vest in the back of the truck, your wearing it whether you like it or not." Rip says
    "Fine." I say and kayce grabs the vest. I slide it on and grab the pistol from Rip trading him the hunting rifle. I Started crawling throw the brush as the guys return fire. I get to the other men's truck and aim the pistol at the first one. I hit him and he falls, then the second. One of the guys hit the man standing around the outside of the truck, the other man made a run for it and was hit by what sounded like the shotgun. The one guy left and I stood up from the brush. Kayce, Lloyd and rip move closer to the truck as well. I saw the last guy hiding In the bed of the truck and shot him. After we cleared the area we all met up and talked.
   " Ok what the fuck is going on?" Lloyd asks
   "Hell Lloyd only if we would know." Kayce said back.
   "Are you alright?" Rip asked me. I checked my limbs and nodded. "What about you guys?" Both Lloyd's and kayce nodded as well. Looking Rip up and down he seemed fine as well.
  "Your dads still missing." Rip says. At that time I think I finally registered that my phone has been ringing the whole time. I ran to the truck and grabbed it. It was Beth.
    "Hello beth." I say walking back out to the boys.
    "Jesus Oakley why can't I get ahold of any of my siblings." Beth asked
    "Because me and kayce were just all killed."
    "WHAT."
     "I know I know."
    "Well they found dad. We are at the hospital now he was found with stab wounds 2 to be exact."
     "Oh my God is he ok."
     " Yeah he is fine, still talking to." Kayce gave me a what Motion.
     "They found dad with 2 stab wounds he is fine just pissed." I say to kayce.
     " hand me the phone Beth now." I here in the distance on the phone.
      "Oakley put me on fucken speaker now." My dad says over the phone. "Who is all there?" He asked.
     "Me, rip,Lloyd and kayce." I say
    "Ok, WHAT THE FUCK HAPPENED?" He yelled "WHY THE HELL WERE YOU GUYS ALMOST KILLED."
    "Sir me and kayce were looking for you and then we were tee boned by a truck 5 guys started shooting at us." Rip said
    "Then me and Lloyd came along and we all took care of the problem." I say
    "Fuck, clean the mess up." My dad says over the phone. "Is anyone hurt?"
    "No we are all fine, rip and kayce are banged up from the crash but nothing else." Lloyd said . My dad said ok and hung up the phone.
   "Me and Lloyd will take the body's and the truck and dump them. You two rope our truck to your and haul it back to the ranch, send someone to pick me and Lloyd up." Kayce says. I looked at kayce knowing he put me with rip on purpose. Rip was pissed I just risked my life hell he was pissed I was there. I nodded and rip already was walking back to the truck. The ride back was going to be a fun one.