Tankana Wedding

(Tanjiro pov)

The girls had prepared the meal for afterwards, Uzui-San, Tomioka-San, Inosuke, Zenitsu, and I are currently placing the food on a table outside. It turns out to be coming out smoothly, with the ocasional hand to the head telling Inosuke to stop eating the food.

Mine and Kanao-san's "wedding" was first apparently, and of course I was very nervous. Even though it was all fake, it felt very real with all the decorations, the food, and the thought and effort put into this.

Rengoku-San is going to be the officiator. So he's all dressed up as well. Which reminds me that I still had the put on my jacket and tie.

Zenitsu got plenty of warnings from me about taking care of Nezuko. But I honestly don't know what to think about Inosuke and Aoi-san. They're both very loud. That's for sure. Though... ounce I think about it, Aoi-San was the only one that was able to keep Inosuke still, so that we could put the shirt on him. She's the only one he'll listen to.

It makes sense. Both Inosuke and Aoi-san are really loud. Aoi-San makes food, Inosuke loves food. Inosuke is always getting injured, Aoi-San is a doctor. And Aoi-San is the only person Inosuke will willingly listen to. Whether they notice it or not, they're practically made for each other.

With that thought in mind, I put my jacket and tie on, then went over to Inosuke. When we were done putting the food outside, he randomly ran off.

I walked around for a little bit but couldn't find him. I asked some of the others and Rengoku-San thought he saw Inosuke go into the woods.

I went in the woods with about an hour until our "wedding" would begin.

I walked around for a little bit until I found Inosuke in a tree. I was about to call him down when I heard him say something.

(Kanao pov)

We were in the preparation room. Suma-Chan- one of the sound pillar's wives- was in charge of getting me ready. Hinatsuru-Chan was helping Aoi, and Makio-Chan was helping Nezuko.

I was feeling a little different, most likely nervous. I now I shouldn't be nervous, but it's so real that I can't help but feel this way.

I looked over at Aoi and Hanatsuru-Chan. Hinatsuru-Chan had just finished putting Aoi's hair up.

I then looked towards Nezuko, and Makio-Chan. Makio-Chan was putting some makeup on Nezuko. They both looked very pretty all dressed up. I wondered if I looked anything like them.

"You have beautiful eyes" Kanae's words rang through my head. I bet she would have loved to be here. I... I wish I could have mourned for her like master Shinobu.

I thought about this for a little longer, wondering if there was anything I could have done. If I were there to stop that demon, would she still be alive? Or would fate take her away again?

"Kanao-San? Miss Kanao?" I heard someone calling me.

I looked up at Suma-Chan. She had a worried expression. She must have been calling me for a bit.

"I apologize, I was thinking about something."

"That's alright. May I start on your makeup?"

I was about to grab my coin I had set on the desk, but then I remembered what Tanjiro said to me. I must follow my heart. "Of course." I smiled.

We started talking and when she was finished it didn't feel that long. She put on a veil and held two flower bouquets for me to choose from. I chose one with different shades of pink and white flowers.