Glorious Revolutions

Brutal implementation of Communism was done through revolutions. With revolution though it is hard to get other outcome that authoritarian or even totalitarian rule. Because attention of the mob tend to gather around one person, usually a power-hungry individual, he or she could use that to become a dictator. Cult of a personality could even transcend democratic securities. President Nayib Bukele of El Salvador is one example. In former years he amassed enough power trough democratic means that due to his popularity and competitions he can be accused of trying to install himself as a dictator. Yet revolutions can bring it to extreme. With their promises that cloud the mind. Now this was brilliantly described in George Orwell's books "1984" and "Animal Farm". Both are centred around the idea of revolution. While "1984" tells us about how revolution really works like in history with the proletariat rarely benefiting from them and warns us about totalitarian and immoral regimes and to not trust them. The "Animal Farm" on the other hand describes revolution on a more reader friendly, thorough and idealistic Communism warped by an authoritative figure. Orwell himself was a social democrat deeply saddened by those authoritative communists spitting on his ideals. So, the latter book teaches us to be wary in the times of change, to protect ourselves from those monsters that may rule us. Sadly this is unavoidable. People that want power are in most cases the one to get it. Because they actively try to gain it in opposition to normal person.

"Animal Farm" is mostly retelling of Soviet Revolution. One of the most famous. We have pigs that are the inserted academics that guide the society. Good and bad ones. An assassination of a good pig that was supposed to be Trotsky by a bad pig that was supposed to be Stalin. And then later rule of Stalin (pig) until the animals have enough and rise up. No King nor a dictator rules forever. Hurt people enough and, with nothing to lose, they will lose themselves in vengeance upon you.

Soviet Revolution happened primarily of WWI. Communists never gained enough influence to muster strength needed to become a part of government. Until the Russia was thoroughly devastated by war. Without it, Tsarist Russia would surely industrialize and set off on a path of individual freedom. With its massive workforce a slow transition from agrarian economy to industrial would provide an economic boom and make Russia one of the greatest Hegemons on Earth. Sadly the factors all aligned to create a Communist Revolution. And happened it did, with unimaginable devastation, wide spread hunger, gulags, destruction of ecosystems and crippling economy. The wrongdoings of USSR could be a book of its own. Given that my own country of origin is former Soviet Satellite State. So why do people still believe in Communism if it did happened in a major world power and failed? Because they still believe in its story. No matter how many arguments you will bring up. Some things cannot be talked through. Some things need to be seen by ones own eyes to understand.

Revolutions in other regions also caused totalitarian dictators to raise. Be it Mao Zedong or Fidel Castro. They all enforced their rule trough power. But surely that was not real Communism as anyone smart enough would see, right? Yet they nihilistically burned all old ideas and morals. What they came up instead was crimes against humanity. Great leap, many executions, Holodomor, all that horrible events. Pol Pot even ordered to shoot all who were wearing glasses.

Communism was tried again and again in different variants. In conclusion to this one thing have became certain. Communist country, to succeed in its goals, must not be one. By that, it must be a theocracy. Only in religion would people have enough morality to believe in illogical and irrational statements. For all human history we based morality in religion. Then we severed ourselves from it. Then we were shocked by genocides and how terrible we can be. I must admit I do not favour any religion above others. As they cannot be argued in empirical sense thus they can be only compared in their effects of human being and society. Only with that power a communist society could emerge. That truly would not steal, kill and destroy order. An ideology or religion must connect with us on a deeper level. If the one thing it does is touch our higher thoughts it is doomed to either fail or bring disastrous outcomes. Our nature is a big part of us. Even if it cannot be seen. Most things we do are based upon our hunter-gatherer ancestors. Humans enjoy company of a nice fire because we had it with us for enough time to imprint in our brains that it is essential to survival. Other animals are commonly scared by it. Other questions can also be answered in our evolution. Why are we feeling lonely? Because we evolved to be social creatures. Why do we kiss each other? To exchange bacterial flora. If we want answers we must seek them in ourselves. In our irrational brains. But do not look upon humans as mere animals. Look at the joy we bring in this world. Look at our art and inventions. At our stories and promises they bring.