2. loose lips

mingyu was definitely a 'J' personality.

his desk was neat, his wardrobe was neat, his notes were neat, his ideas and planning were neat, that is— even if everything wasn't calculated to the last detail, he made sure he at least had the overall itinerary outlined out in his head. he was organized to say the least.

you could say that he absolutely disliked not following his mind maps. so, can you imagine how much he must have hated it when one fine wednesday, he suddenly couldn't leave the library by exactly six in the evening so that he could catch his favorite drama at seven?

not one bit.

mingyu didn't despise it one bit.

because that was the unfortunate day he met wonwoo. the smokey, cat eyed, nerdy wonwoo. the low, silky, velvety voiced wonwoo. the bundled-up-in-an-oversized jacket wonwoo. the calm, collected, adorable, perfect wonwoo.

"cuttlefish," mingyu blurted out before he could think, "11 down, 10 lettered mollusks with, one 'c', two 't' s and a 'f'."

"thank you," the stranger who was curled up against a shelf, in the corner of the library, looked up and went back to his crossword, uninterested.

mingyu slapped himself mentally for being spontaneous for no reason. he was usually not like this. he stopped to think, at least for once. but, ugh! curse his loose lips! how arrogant must the guy think he was?! running his mouth like that!

"mingyu you idiot!" he hissed to himself before turning around to walk away. he had no work there after all, he had just needed to put a book back in its shelf and he coincidentally met a rather good-looking person scrunching up his nose adorably, trying to finish his crossword. it was just a chance that he knew the answer as well.

"would you perhaps know the answer to 'source of fish oil', as well?" the guy in the corner spoke up just as mingyu was about to leave, "it starts with 'a' and has a 'c' in it?"

"anchovy?" the big idiot blurted out again, "is it seven lettered?"

"it fits," the stranger looked up and smiled. it was just a tilt of the corners of his mouth, it wasn't a full blown grin or anything and it definitely didn't show his teeth— it was just a polite, grateful smile, but mingyu's brain short-circuited.

the next few words were not what he had planned. actually he'd never say them out loud if he had stopped for a second, no one would.

"uh, are there any more questions you couldn't answer? seafood ones probably?"

"quite observant aren't you?" the stranger raised a perfectly arched eyebrow and mingyu cringed mentally.

as a person who loved solving puzzles and riddles, he was naturally observant. but under current circumstances, to realize that the person in front of him probably didn't know much about seafood, it was bound to come off as creepy, especially to a pretty dude like the stranger who probably got mobbed by girls everyday. he should have stopped to think for once! this is why he needed minghao to act as his brakes!

"but yes, you are correct, there are two more questions," the guy chuckled, his voice velvety and soft. mingyu's heart fluttered unintentionally.

"i— i could help you if you want."

"sure, come sit," the stranger shifted more into the wall, curling up further even though there was so much area left throughout the whole corridor. it made mingyu soften, it was as if the other male was unknowingly telling mingyu to sit beside him and therefore making space.

"hehe, i love solving crosswords," mingyu grinned widely, his sharp canines popping out and eyes scrunching upwards as he folded himself beside the stranger.