Chapter Five

Servants had filed into Camilla's room as soon as the sun had peeked over the edge of the horizon

Servants had filed into Camilla's room as soon as the sun had peeked over the edge of the horizon. They had woken Camilla, allowing her a moment to eat before she was ushered behind her screen and told to remove her clothes. Camilla had pushed them away, scared that they would notice the slight swell of her stomach.

Camilla was saved by Alicent and Rhaenyra entering her chambers. The Tully girl had never been so thankful that her rooms were so close to the Princess's. One look at Camilla's distressed face had Rhaenyra forgetting her anger.

"Leave." The Princess commanded.

"Princess, the King has asked us to prepare Lady Camilla for the wedding." One of the younger maids spoke up, not knowing whose order to follow.

"The Princess and I shall take over. We do not wish to cause the future queen any stress, do we?" Alicent asked in a sickly sweet tone that made you almost question if it was a threat or not.

"No, my Lady." One of the older women answered, grabbing the young servant by the arm and pushing her to the door. All the maids curtsied to the princess before scurrying out of the room.

"Thank you." Camilla's voice croaked as she attempted to hold back her tears.

"There is no need to thank us." Alicent assured her friend, sweeping her into a hug. When Rhaenyra didn't join Alicent looked at the younger girl sharply, causing the Princess to quickly join in.

Wrapped in her friends' embraces, tears began to leak from Camilla's eyes. Sobs soon racking her body.

"I'm sorry," Camilla cried. "I didn't know, I didn't mean for this."

"Shhh," Alicent shushed her friend, kissing the top of her silver head of hair. "We are not angry. We could never be angry."

"Alicent is correct, Camilla. I was only shocked, I didn't know how to react or what to think." Rhaenyra said as she and Alicent slightly pulled away, still keeping a hold of Camilla.

"Why don't you get into the bath before the water grows cold." Alicent suggested, escorting Camilla into the tub.

The two girls turned as their friend removed her nightgown and slipped into the tepid water. When she was submerged she called to her friends alerting them. Rhaenyra and Alicent knelt on either side, taking a cloth and beginning to gently wash Camilla's skin. Silence passed between the three, none knowing what to say.

"Is this truly what you want?" Rhaenyra asked, her voice small as she glanced at her cousin.

"It does not matter."

"Yes it Does!" Rhaenyra exclaimed, dropping the cloth and throwing her hands into the air. "Just say the word and we'll fly on dragonback. We could go anywhere, Camilla."

"Rhaenyra." Alicent hissed, her eyes locked on where Camilla's hand had fallen to her abdomen. Noticing the slight curve of Camilla's stomach.

"What-" Rhaenyra cut herself off, following Alicent's gaze. "Camilla, are you-"