Chapter Fifteen

Nearly thirteen years had passed since the King's second wedding, and Camilla had grown into her role as Queen. Following Rhaenyra's wedding, Camilla became more tuned in with the politics surrounding her. She began attending Small Council meetings, sitting across from her former friend. She guided Viserys in making decisions that would benefit her, pulling the strings like a puppet master. And when a member of the Small Council stood in her way she either found a way to convince them to agree or replaced them with someone who would.

By her decree wells and fountains were constructed in every major city and small village, making clean water accessible to the small folk across the realm. Laws were put in place protecting the Westerosi youth, child fighting rings were stopped and those in charge put to the blade. The Small folk sang songs of their kind and gentle Queen. Alysanne reborn, they called her, the Good Queen returned.

★・・・・・・★

Light streamed through sheer curtains, lighting up the room with the early day sun. Camilla stood on a small pedestal in her chambers watching through the mirror as a young seamstress pinned her silver dress for alterations. The delicate beading shone in the sunlight, casting reflections of rainbows across the room. Three dresses had been commissioned by the King as an early gift for their thirteenth anniversary.

"How is that, Your Grace?" The Tailor's Apprentice asked, looking up at the Queen from where she knelt on the ground.

"Perfect, my dear girl." Camilla smiled at the young girl, cupping her cheek in thanks. The Queen turned the old woman sitting on the nearby settee, her cold blue eyes scanning her creation. "You have done a wonderful job as always, Eira."

"Thank you, Your Grace." Eira slowly turned to grab the scarlet gown beside her. "Shall we check the tourney gown next?"

Camilla turned back to the mirror, admiring the current dress she wore. "Yes, I suppose so."

At their Queen's words, two of Camilla's ladies-in-waiting moved forward. Delicately they removed the gown from Camilla's body, leaving her standing there in her chemise. Camilla's eldest Lady in waiting, Elsbeth Serrett, gently they placed the silver dress beside the Tailor. While Sedna Tarly, Camilla's other lady-in-waiting, picked up the scarlett gown, turning to bring it to her Queen.

A knock at the door caused Sedna to freeze, while her counterpart rushed to make their Queen presentable. Camilla's thick dressing gown was quickly slipped over her shift.

"Come." Camilla commanded.

Camilla's youngest Lady-in-waiting, Diana Donniger, quickly ducked into the room, curtsying before addressing the royal. "Your Grace, you wished to be kept up to date on the Princess's labors."