~Chapter 3~

After what felt  like hours, Jake finally jumps into the truck beside me. " Are you ready?" I teased, " You take longer than a girl."

Jake smiled, and backed out of the driveway. He pulled onto the main road, and I tapped my fingers on the window. " What's wrong?"

" Nothing," I quickly replied.

I was still thinking about how me and Jillisa had never talked in a while. Usually, she would be the first one to ask if I wanted to go to a party with her.

" Kaylie, I know something's up. Spill or I will turn around."

I stayed silent, and Jake pulled over on the side of the road. He shut the truck off, and I sighed. " I just don't know. Jillisa hasn't talked to me in days, maybe weeks. I never did anything to her, but what if something happened?"

Jake nodded slowly. " Didn't she always text you non stop all day long?"

" Yeah. I just hope she's alright."

" She may be on a vacation, or she broke her phone. You never know," Jake murmured, turning the key in the ignition of the truck and pulling back onto the road.

We listened to the radio all the way to the party. Jake turned into the driveway, and drove into the backyard. It was already dark outside, but a light was shining from one of the rooms of the old house.

We walked into the house through the backdoor, and once we stepped into the living room, everyone went silent. In the 2 chairs were Cole and Mark. On one couch was Alex, Kolby, and Jinx, on the other was Lucia, her boyfriend, Nick, Ashley and Jillisa. Jillisa looked up at me, and rolled her eyes.

" I thought you would never show up!" Kolby exclaimed, running up to me.

I pecked his lips, and he led me to the couch he was on. He sat down, and pulled me onto his lap. Jake watched carefully from the doorway, his arms crossed. I gave him a look telling him he could leave if he wanted to, and he nodded. " Pick you up when?" He asked.

" I can take her home," Kolby replied.

Jake smiled warmly at him, and left without another word. Alex elbowed me in the side. " Sorry about your bike being stolen," He whispered.

" Yeah," I replied, faking a smile, " The cops are trying to find it."

Once I said the last part, Cole and Mark looked at each other with wide eyes, and then at Ashley. " I'm pretty sure you can get a new one," Ashley muttered, narrowing her eyes at the two boys.

" Once you get used to a certain bike, it's hard to just get a new one," Alex replied, glaring at her.

" They probably won't find it, though," Jillisa spoke up.

I twisted my head around to glare at her. " Why do you think that?"

She shrugged, and smirked at me. " Don't know. Maybe it would be better if you forgot about it."

I looked back at Kolby, and he lookse as confused as I felt. Jinx looked from me, to Jillisa. " I thought you two were best friends?"

" I thought so too," Jillisa muttered, looking at Ashley and smiling.

I slid off Kolby's legs, and grabbed Jillisa's arm. I pulled her into the dark kitchen, out the door, and outside into darkness. I blocked the door with my arms. " What's wrong?" I asked.

" What's wrong? Why would you even be talking to a lowlife like me? You probably don't want your dirt bike friends to see us talking right now, so maybe I should just leave!" Jillisa snapped.

" Jill, what are you talking about?"

" Ashley told me everything you said about me! How you think I'm a lowlife and you were going to drop me to hangout with dirt bikers!"

I stared at her blankly, and her eyes started to water. " When did Ashley tell you this?" I pressed.

" When you were gone on the trip. She said you went with a bunch of other dirt bikers from around here and didn't ask me because I wasn't good enough to go," Jillisa replied.

I narrowed my eyes, and she burst into tears. She fell to the ground, and I sat down next to her. " I never said anything like that," I murmured, " Jillisa, you're my... was best friend. Why would I say something like that? I don't even talk to Ashley, we both hate each other. Ever since I started dating Kolby. I was on that trip with Jake and Kolby only. Well, I did pick up a kitten, but that was it."

" Really?" Jillisa asked, sniffing.

" Yes. But, if you believe her more than me, that's alright," I replied, standing up.

I started to walk away, but felt a tug on my arm. " No, I don't believe her and never should've. It's just... you never texted me or called that much when you were away, so I just jumped to the conclusion that you didn't need me. Can we be friends again?"

I smirked. " There are long distance charges in California," I replied, " Friends? No. Best friends? Obviously."

Jillisa stood up, and engulfed me in a hug. " Good. Now, lets go in there and give that chick the cold shoulder for turning us against each other," Jillisa whispered.

We walke back into the house, and once we got into the living room, we both glared at Ashley. She looked like she was about to hit someone, and Lucia's face was red from trying to hold in a laugh. I sat back down on Kolby's lap, and he pulled me close to his chest. " Want to go before someone gets hit?" Kolby whispered, tilting his head to Ashley.

" Yeah," I whispered back.

I jumped off Kolby, and he got up. " I guess we will be going," He announced.

" You can take her home and come back if you want," Ashley said flirtingly.

" No, I don't do that," Kolby replied, rubbing my back.

We exited the house, and made our way to Kolby's yellow Camaro. I buckled my seat belt, and Kolby backed out of the driveway. " You and Jillisa make up?" He asked.

" Yeah. Ashley told her I called Jillisa a lowlife and was going to drop her for my dirt bike friends."

" If I could give the cops enough money to kick her out of Canada, I so would."

We drove the rest of the way to Jake's house in silence. Once Kolby pulled into the driveway, I sighed, taking my seat belt off. " I don't think my dad was happy I'm living with Jake."

" Well, I am," Kolby replied, kissing my cheek, " We're closer then if you were at your parents house."

I nodded, and pressed my lips against Kolby's. He returned the kiss, and pulled me onto his lap. His hands go to my waist, pulling me closer. I wrapped my arms around his neck, and felt one of his hands sliding from my waist. He placed it on the steering wheel, and blared the horn. I flinched back, and Kolby smirked at me. " Don't want things to get too heated in your older brothers driveway."

" True," I replied, smiling.

I opened the drivers side door, and jumped out. Kolby got out too, and I wrapped my arms around him. He hugged back, and I deeply breathed in his cologne. " See you tomorrow?"

" Yeah," I replied, " I love you."

" I love you too," Kolby murmured, pulling away.

I walked up the stairs and into the house. Jake was fast asleep on the couch, a hockey game playing on T.V. I decided to take a quick shower, and then go to sleep after the exhaustingly long day.