Chapter 4

"Oh ho ho, how interesting." A red-haired man says, looking off into the distance.

"What is it, Guy?" His white-haired companion asks.

"Check for yourself, Velzard, extend your senses over to where Veldora was sealed." He says with a grin.

Velzard does as instructed, and proceeds to smile. "Well well, this truly is interesting. To think that I would have a Nephew born from Veldora of all people." She says as she looks in the direction she can feel the presence from. "He feels as though he's not but a few days old, and yet he's already almost as strong as I was when I was 100, he has quite some potential."

Suddenly, the presence grows weaker, causing both of them to frown.

"What just happened? Why did he suddenly become so much weaker?" Velzard thinks aloud.

"Either he's suppressing his power, or someone that we can't sense has attacked and wounded him." Guy responds. "Shall we interfere? I can't imagine that you would like to lose another member of your family, especially considering that you have yet to so much as meet him."

Velzard shakes her head. "No. Aside from the initial drop, his presence hasn't weakened whatsoever, so he's probably fine. I may go introduce myself later on, but for now, let's get back to our game." She says as she dashes at him while pulling her fist back, Guy responding in kind as a grin forms on his face.

With Izuku And Rimuru

Izuku and Rimuru look at the goblins, then back to each other, then back to the goblins, then back to each other, then back to the goblins.

"What is it?" Rimuru asks. "Also, what makes you think that we CAN help?"

"Surely you jest, Great One. With how much power you're emitting how can you be anything BUT mighty?" The lead goblin asks, apparently confused.

If Rimuru had eyebrows, one would be raised. 'Great Sage, what is he talking about?'

"Answer: you and individual: Izuku Tempest have been constantly emitting auras of power without noticing it." Great Sage responds.

'Show me.'

Suddenly, a third-person view of Rimuru pops up in her mind, with a purple, flame-like aura surrounding her. It's so massive that the edges spread out far enough that Izuku, despite the fact that he's leaning against a tree several feet away from the edge of the path, is partially engulfed in it, and it extends upwards further than Rimuru can see. Izuku's aura is also shown in the view, it's an emerald color and is almost 10 times the size of Rimuru's.

Izuku is also seeing this thanks to Great Sage transmitting it to him over the telepathic link. Instantly, both of them attempt to block off their auras, though Izuku is less successful than Rimuru is, only managing to shrink it to about a third the size of Rimuru's, while she manages to block it off entirely.

'Gonna have to work on that later.' Izuku thinks to himself, making a mental note to do so.

The goblins visibly relax a bit as the oppressive auras disappear, or shrink in Izuku's case.

"Please, Great Ones, follow us back to our village so our elder can explain what we need your help with." The lead goblin says, prompting Izuku to begin to stand, causing his eyes to widen in fear. "If-if that's okay with you, of course!" He says quickly, his fear clear as day in his voice, prompting Izuku to chuckle.

"Yeah, we'll follow you. Also, there's no need to be afraid of me, I wouldn't attack you for no reason." Izuku says, glancing at Rimuru and receiving an affirmative in the form of her extending part of her body and reshaping it to resemble a thumbs up.

———————————

"And that's why we need your help." The Goblin Elder finishes.

Izuku and Rimuru simultaneously decide to help the goblins and transmit the decision to each other over the link.

"Alright, we'll help you." Rimuru says, speaking for both of them. "But first, take us to the wounded goblins."

—————————————

Izuku and Rimuru stand behind the newly-built makeshift wall surrounding the village watching the direwolves emerge. Well, Rimuru does, Izuku watches from the sky, having summoned his wings so as to allow himself to fly.

Rimuru watches the direwolves as they charge at the village, and calls out commands. "Ready!? Aim!! FIRE!!"

As soon as she yells to fire, the goblins let loose a volley of arrows at the direwolves, killing some and injuring others.

Rimuru then gives the order to stop firing as the wolves slow down and get cautious. She proceeds to hop over the makeshift wall and call out to the direwolves.

"Stop! If you want to survive, you will surrender peacefully!" She calls out, lightning flashing across the sky and revealing Izuku's silhouette as an extra attempt at intimidation. Unfortunately, the attempt at a peaceful resolution is all for naught, as the alpha of the pack is merely enraged at the attempt.

"As if we would be intimidated by a mere slime and an illusion!!" He yells, enraged, before leaping at Rimuru and promptly being struck by emerald-green lightning, killing him instantly.

Rimuru improvises and uses predator on the corpse, before transforming into a direwolf and releasing an intimidating howl to attempt to scare the rest of the pack into submission. Miraculously, it works, as the remainder of the wolves come up to Rimuru and lower their heads to the ground as a sign of submission.

As this happens, Izuku lowers himself to the ground and dismisses the stormclouds he had summoned.

"Well then, we at least reached a somewhat peaceful solution. I would rather not have had to kill the alpha of the pack, but whatever." He thinks aloud, the goblin elder nodding in agreement.

The next morning, Izuku and Rimuru gather the Goblins and Direwolves together in the center of the village and instruct them to line up so that Rimuru can name them.

"You sure that you don't want to name some of them?" Rimuru asks, causing Izuku to shake his head.

"Yeah, I'm sure. I'm no good at coming up with names." Izuku says with a chuckle.

"Eh, your call." Rimuru says before turning back to the assembled monsters and starts naming them.

3 Days Later

Rimuru slowly regains consciousness, and is shocked to find Izuku using her as a pillow while sleeping.

"Hey!" She shouts, startling him and causing him to snap into a sitting position.

"Huh? What was that for?" Izuku asks groggily.

"You were using me as a pillow! Why!?"

Izuku raises an eyebrow at her. "You're soft and cool to the touch. The other options were the ground or a rock. I think that it's pretty obvious what I would choose in that circumstance."

"He's got a point." Veldora says, able to see why Izuku would do it.

'Yeah, yeah, I get it. I'd rather it not be done without my permission, though.' She thinks, transmitting it over the link to both of them.

Izuku chuckles. "Well, I would have asked, but you've been asleep for 3 days. Don't worry. If you're conscious, I'll ask you for permission before I use you as a pillow in the future."

Rimuru smirks internally. "You'd better."