Chapter 6

Breaking out of his shock, Izuku marches up to the bar and looks Katsuki in the eye. "You. Me. Outside. Now." He says before turning and heading back to the door, Katsuki coming out from behind the bar to follow him, not saying a word.

"Haruna, find somewhere to sit. If Rimuru shows up and asks where I am, tell her that I'm having a chat with an old friend." Izuku says as he passes her, the last two words being filled with malice.

————————

"Why are you here? How are you here?" Izuku asks as soon as he turns to face Katsuki after leading him into a nearby alleyway. "But most importantly, how and why am I here?"

Katsuki opens his mouth to answer, but Izuku clamps his hand over it, shutting him up.

"Ah ah ah, no talking. Those were rhetorical questions. We both know damn well the answers to all of those questions. I'm here because you murdered me with a gauntlet that All Might explicitly told you NOT to use. You're here because, in the process of murdering me, you unintentionally caused your own death as well, and probably Uraraka's and Iida's, too." Izuku says with rage in his eyes, before removing his hand. "Now talk, give me one reason that I shouldn't return the favor, right here and right now. And it better be a damn good one."

Katsuki glares at him for a fee seconds, before sighing. "18 long years spent preparing for possibly encountering you, and I still wasn't ready." He says, pausing to look at Izuku with a remorse-filled face. "Yeah, everything you said is right. Except for possibly the part about Round Face and Legs, I don't know whether they died or not, as I died a faint few seconds after you did thanks to a piece of the ceiling crushing my head. As for why you shouldn't kill me? Aside from the fact that you'd be killing a defenseless civilian, I've got nothing."

Izuku blinks, his rage momentarily forgotten and replaced with confusion. "First of all, 18 years? I've been here for just over a month. Secondly, defenseless? You? Don't make me laugh, you're the last person who'd let themselves get weak."

Katsuki shrugs. "Yeah, 18 years. That's how long it's been since I reincarnated. Maybe we just reincarnated at different times. Also, yeah, I'm fairly weak right now. I only started training again earlier this year, and spent the prior 17 years mentally torturing myself for killing us and preparing for this very moment."

Izuku's jaw drops. "You're saying that you, Katsuki FUCKING Bakugou, got so depressed that you couldn't bring yourself to train, all because you finally did what you always said you would and killed me."

Katsuki nods. "It's just Katsuki, now. I don't have a last name anymore, most people in this world don't."

Izuku sighs, before turning to walk away. "I'm never going to forgive you for killing me, Katsuki, but I'm not gonna kill you either." He says, turning his head back in his direction. "By the way, I'm not Deku anymore. You killed him. I am Izuku M. Tempest, now and forever, and you better fucking remember it."

"So, Izuku, how was your talk with your friend?" Rimuru asks as Izuku reenters the bar.

"Enlightening." He responds, short and to the point.

'He's the person who killed me, by the way. Turns out that he died too, and also reincarnated, he just showed up 18 years before I did. Before reincarnating, his name was Katsuki Bakugou. Now, it's just Katsuki, he dropped his last name.' He transmits over the link, surprising her.

'You have to tell me the details of your death later.' She responds, Veldora humming in agreement.

'Don't worry, I will.'

————————

Would you like to see your destined ones?" The fortune teller asks, causing Izuku and Rimuru to pause, considering it.

"I think I'll pass." Rimuru responds. "I'd prefer to find out on my own."

Izuku hums. "You know what, sure. If only due to curiosity rather than an actual desire to find out."

The fortune teller nods, before doing something with her crystal ball. "Oh, I see something!" She says, before suddenly something strange happens, and faces start rapidly appearing and disappearing. Most are to brief to actually take in, but 3 do stay for a few seconds longer than the rest.

The first is a woman with long black hair, grey eyes, and 2 red marks under the left. The second is a girl with blue hair, yellow eyes, and an otherwise identical face to the black-haired woman, minus the red marks. The third is a girl with brown hair and eyes, white horns, and a face strikingly similar to Ochako's.

"How odd..." The fortune teller says. "That's never happened before. I wonder what it could mean."

Rimuru giggles. "I think I know." She says, smirking internally. "Izuku, I think you're destined to have a harem."

Izuku groans. "I sincerely hope not. That would be a headache to deal with."

Rimuru chuckles. "At first, yeah, most likely. But hey, you've got every man's dream in your future, show some excitement."

Izuku deadpans at her. "Yay, I'm so excited." He says sarcastically, causing everyone to laugh.

————————

"First of all, why do you want to come with us? Why should we even let you?" Izuku asks Katsuki, who had met them at the city gate on their way out and requested to come with them.

"I need to repay my debt to you somehow." He responds, clearly referring to him killing Izuku. "As for why you should let me? Well, one of the reasons you came here in the first place was to get someone with building knowledge, right? Well, I'm that someone. I've been working construction during the day, and as the bartender at night."

Izuku and Rimuru glance at each other, both of them thinking it over.

"Your call, Izuku." Rimuru says, opting out of being the one to make the decision.

Izuku thinks it over for a minute. "Fine, you can come. However, you only get one chance. If you cause any trouble, you're getting kicked out of the village and left to make your way back here on your own."

Katsuki nods. "I'll keep that in mind."

"You'd better." Izuku says, before turning to walk away. Katsuki and the dwarves move to follow him, but Rimuru, Haruna, and Gobta, who had just exited the city himself as Izuku said the last 2 words, stop them.

"Just watch." Rimuru says.

Izuku looks back to make sure that he's far enough away, before releasing his human form and starting to transform, much to the shock of Katsuki and the Dwarves.

"Climb on, I'm our ride home." Izuku says, his voice much deeper in his true form.

Katsuki's jaw drops, causing Rimuru to laugh. "That's right, Izuku's a dragon. Make sure to stay on his good side!"