Chapter 5

After reintroducing Rimuru to the goblins, or rather hobgoblins and goblinas now, Izuku notices that she's fallen strangely silent.

"Something on your mind, Rimuru?" He asks, drawing her attention.

"Yeah, actually. Two things, really. First, we need to make some rules for them and the wolves, and second, we need to turn this place into an actual town." She responds.

Izuku hums in thought for a moment before responding. "The first thing can be taken care of now, we just need to think them up and call a village meeting, and we can get started on improving the village afterwards. With all of us working together, we should have a proper town put together in a flash!"

————————————

They did not, in fact, have a proper town put together in a flash, as nobody in the village, including Izuku, Rimuru, and Veldora, knew how to build a house and NOT have it collapse.

"This... has turned into a difficult situation." Rimuru says as the latest attempt at a house collapses onto her and Izuku.

Izuku deadpans at her while wiping some sawdust off his shoulder. "You don't say."

Rimuru just hops out of the rubble, ignoring him. "Hey Rigurd!" She calls, causing the brick wall of a hobgoblin to suddenly appear in front of her, having come over so fast that he left a massive dust cloud behind him.

"Yes, Lady Rimuru?"

"Do you know anywhere nearby that we could find someone who actually knows how to do this?"

"Of course, Lady Rimuru!" He exclaims excitedly. "A 3 days journey from here is the dwarven kingdom of Dwargon. Many architects and blacksmiths call Dwargon their home."

"Hey Izuku, you coming with?" She asks, turning to face him, having already decided that she would be going.

"Yeah, sure. I'll fly on our way back, to cut down on time."

Rimuru gives him a mental nod and turns back to Rigurd. "Anyone aside from you that you can think of who knows the way, I want you to have meet us up on that hill over there." She says, extending part of her body to point at a hill that overlooks the village.

"Of course, Lady Rimuru! I shall do so right away!"

————————————

"I thought the plan was not to get into trouble." Izuku says with a deadpan as he, Rimuru, and Haruna sit in the cell, with Gobta wrapped in a cocoon and hanging from the ceiling, courtesy of Rimuru, causing Haruna to giggle and Rimuru to grumble in frustration.

Suddenly, there's commotion outside of the cell.

"What's that all about?" Rimuru thinks aloud, eliciting a response from Izuku.

"Sounds like one of the mines collapsed, and a ton of people got hurt. They're gathering up as many able-bodied men as they can for a rescue mission."

'People got hurt, huh?' Rimuru thinks. 'I can help with that... I could probably get them to let us go by doing so, too.'

————————————

"You go help his brother, and me and Haruna will go look for a builder. I've been wanting to check out the city since we got here." Izuku says, causing Rimuru to nod as best she can without a head.

"Right, meet back up at the jail at, let's say, midnight?" She responds, causing Izuku to turn to Haruna, the Goblina nodding, agreeing that that should be enough time.

"Actually, I have a better Idea." Kaidou interjects. "There's a bar that me and the guys like to hang out at when we need to relax. We should meet up there." He says before pulling a card out of his armor. "Here's it's name, just ask someone to give you directions and show them the card. Everyone who lives in the city knows where it is."

Izuku smiles and takes the card. "Will do. That fine with you two, Rimuru, Haruna?"

Haruna nods, and Rimuru gives an affirmative in her own way.

————————————

Izuku and Haruna were unsuccessful in finding anyone with construction knowledge who was willing to come and assist in the construction of the village, so they eventually gave up and decided to head to the bar early. When they get there, Izuku quickly looks over everyone inside, and freezes upon seeing the person who's behind the counter. All of the employees are elves, and the one behind the counter is the only male of the bunch. He stands at a height roughly equal to Izuku's own, has blonde, spiky hair, and crimson eyes. He freezes upon laying eyes on Izuku, his eyes widening just like Izuku's own.

"... DEKU!?"

"... KACCHAN!?"