Chapter 7

"Welcome to our village. As you can see, it's a work in progress." Rimuru says as they all climb down from Izuku's back, allowing him to turn back into his human form.

"Katsuki, you can start by teaching the hobgoblins how to build proper houses and helping them do so. Haruna, you introduce him to the ones in charge of that, then you're free to spend the rest of the day however you like if Rimuru doesn't have anything for you to do. Rimuru, I'll leave the rest to you, I'm gonna go train." Izuku says before flying off.

"He doesn't leave himself any time to rest, does he?" Katsuki asks, watching Izuku disappear into the distance. "I don't have any right to talk, to be fair, I used to be like that, too."

Rimuru sighs. "Quoting him directly, 'I'll allow myself to rest when I'm so strong that nobody would dare to even think about harming me or those I care for.' He doesn't really care about his own wellbeing so long as those close to him are safe. If he's not working, eating, or sleeping, he's training his ass off to ensure the continued safety of those he cares about. And with a body composed entirely out of magic, he doesn't often need to eat or sleep."

Katsuki raises an eyebrow. "His body's composed entirely out of magic? How does that work?"

If Rimuru had shoulders, she would shrug. "He's a True Dragon, the newborn Son Of Veldora, but Veldora didn't conceive him the normal way. Izuku was born when a shit ton of Veldora's magicules coalesced and began to form a physical body, which his soul proceeded to claim as it's own."

"Oh, so he's like Charybdis, but he's got an actual soul." Kaijin says, causing Rimuru to raise a nonexistent eyebrow.

"Charybdis?"

"Giant shark-like monster." Katsuki explains. "More of a natural disaster than anything. Every few hundred years, it reappears and causes massive amounts of death and destruction. It's a Disaster-class monster, with the only thing holding it back from being a high-ranking catastrophe-class being it's lack of a soul and mind. It was also originally born from a cloud of Veldora's magicules coalescing and forming a physical body, main difference between it and Izuku is that it didn't get a soul when it originally formed, while he did."

"Huh, interesting." Rimuru says, intrigued. 'Great Sage, I need you to remind me to look more into Charybdis once the village is finished being built.'

"Affirmative."

——————

"You've actually got some skill when it comes to this, Katsuki." Izuku says, looking up at the first structurally sound building in the village, but he senses Gobuta's hunting party returning before Katsuki can respond, and he turns to greet them, only to be surprised when he sees that Gobuta brought 4 humans back to the village with him.

"What's up with the tag-alongs, Gobuta?" Izuku asks, gesturing to them, before he realizes that they all smell off, distinctly different from the humans that him, Rimuru, Gobuta, and Haruna had encountered at the entrance to Dwargon. In fact, the blonde girl and the guys all smell similar to Katsuki and the other elves. The Black-Haired woman, however, smells like fire. 'Interesting.'

——————

Elyun stares at the green-haired man in shock, instantly recognizing him as that strange presence she'd sensed in the cave, though he feels quite a bit less powerful. 'Is he suppressing his power? Why?' She thinks to herself, confused. 'Even based on what I felt in the cave, he should be by far the most powerful monster in the entire forest, why is he hiding his power?'

As discretely as possible, she casts a telepathy spell, connecting her mind with Kaval and Gido. 'That man's the monster I felt when we entered the cave. Whatever you do, don't anger him.'

Both of them give slight nods, trying to be discrete about it.

——————

Izuku raises an eyebrow at the disguised elves, having heard Elyun's telepathic message loud and clear due to a skill he developed due to experimenting with the telepathic bond connecting him, Rimuru, and Veldora.

"I don't know why you're trying to hide your wariness of me. It's obvious that you would be due to me not being able to completely suppress my aura. Don't worry, though, so long as you don't attack anyone we won't have any problems." Izuku says with a gentle smile. "Though, I do wonder why you're here."

The elves all look at him, shocked that he was able to listen in on their telepathy.

"U-uhmm, we're here to investigate the forest due to the changes following Veldora's disappearance." The blonde explains.

Izuku nods. "Well then, you have nothing to worry about." He says, before turning to Gobuta. "Gobuta, accompany them whenever they head out on their little investigation. I've been meaning to investigate the forest for anything that may be a threat to the village, anyway, so I'll have you go with them and report anything you find back to me and Rimuru, understood?"

Gobuta nods. "Right!"

Izuku then turns back to Katsuki, waving off Gobuta and the adventurers, though he keeps an eye on the black-haired woman.

"Now then, shall we move on to the next house, Katsuki?"