Chapter 1

Another story here on wattpad! The begin is slow and seems serious but it will pick up, I promise! First dedication ever is to @Jul_in_the_rain for the amazing cover! Enjoy!

Comment! Vote! Read!

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Copyright © 2013 Vivianna Koleoso

All rights reserved.

This story 'Taming the Bad Boy' including all chapter, prologues/epilogues and associated content, is copyrighted under the Copyright, Designs and Patent Act 1988. All rights are reserved by the owner and creator of this work (V. Koleoso) and any unauthorised copying, broadcasting, manipulation, distribution or selling of this work constitutes as an infringement of copyright.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I wanna sing,

I wanna shout, I wanna scream till' the words dry out,

So put it in all of the papers,

I'm not afraid, they can read all about it,

Read all about it, oh.

-Read All About it, Professor Green ft Emeli Sande

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I listened to my feet pound on the gravel concrete. Thump. Thump. Thump. I listened to the steady beats they made. I listened to my heart beat, drumming in my chest. Faster. I felt the adrenaline pumping in my veins, the familiar numbing tingle in my legs. My breath came out in short pants, determination etched on my features. Faster. I felt the sweat pour down the side of my face, my light hair clinging to my scalp. Faster. My head felt light, my fingers in a permanent fist as I battled with my mind. Come on Renee. I knew how much I needed it, I'd been working too hard to let it slip. Faster. I couldn't hide the relief at glimpsing my finish, I pushed my legs further, knowing I was about to give in. I stretched my legs one final time, a laugh of joy escaping my lips. My foot brushed the finish line. Black spots blurred my vision as water was handed to me; I simply nodded to questions I didn't understand.

Then everything went black.

I forced my eyelids open, wincing at the light. I stretched out my legs, feeling a pain shoot up my legs. I remembered my run earlier, my immense victory. What happened?

I glanced around my room, taking in the familiar lilac walls, and countless awards. My bed was located in the corner, the huge wardrobe just in front. I didn't care too much about belongings; I wasn't like most 17 years olds. In fact, I was very different. I slowly made my way downstairs, sensing the air of tension lingering. I stood up right, fully aware of everything around me, whilst scanning my location for a weapon.

Just like I'd been taught.

I found nothing, but the old phonebook lying behind on the table in the hall. I sucked in a breath, sensing voices coming from my left. I turned abruptly, heading towards the kitchen with only one thought it my mind. Intruder. I walked slowly, my stance ready to attack, yet relaxed enough to make quick judgment. I pushed the door open, sighing in relief at the sight that met me.

My parents sat at the dining table, coffee mugs in hand; nodding at something they were being told. My eyes followed to the person on the other side of the table. Agent Sir Leonard Prince.

I nodded in greeting, narrowing my eyes at my parents in confusion.

"Ah Renee, it's good to see that you're ok" Agent Leonard was to first to speak, smiling up at me his hands circling the rim of his mug.

"Thank you" I replied, slipping into a seat, not bothering to ask if I could join the conversation. Sir Leonard had been serving in the agency for 25 years; it was no wonder he had managed to become Head Agent. He had greying hairs, but like most agents, he still had a young profile.

My mother nodded along with him "You did it, you broke the record 7 miles in 23 minutes" she smiled at me proudly, and I grinned along with her.

My father smiled "That's my girl"

"Well" Sir Leonard began "We have been discussing you just recently"

I tried to catch my parents' eyes but they avoided my gaze.

"We've been thinking about you, and about your age..."

"I don't want to have this conversation again! Please! I'm old enough and I haven't been training for this for nothing"

"Now listen to me Renee" Sir Leonard said firmly "We have full faith that you are capable of becoming a full agent, at such a young age as well, but we feel as though you have your whole life ahead of you..."

"Yes but I want this now, I don't want to wait I've been training for this since I was 6!"

"The CIA have agreed that your actions on the last mission were not acceptable" I remained silent after that, shocked at his words.

"Wh...What?"

"We asked you to find the victim, and report him to us, not to take matters into your own hands"

"But Sir..." I began to protest

"We understand that you felt the need to show your independence to us, but you could've been seriously hurt"

My bottom lip quivered, not liking where this conversation was headed. My mother looked pained, I had never seen her cry, not even when she got shot in Rio, she didn't shed one tear.

"The board have ruled on a decision, we were formally meant to suspend you pending further investigation..."

I sat still, trying not to whimper.

"But I know you have potential...so I have set you on your first independent mission, helped of course by another agent"

My head shot up, shocked at his words "Sorry?" my voice was thick, from the build-up of my tears.

"If you can prove to us that you can handle this mission professionally, we won't strip you of your title"

"I'll do it, anything" I was more than surprised to realise that I was being rewarded with a mission. I wasn't being punished.

"You'll be trying to find the importer of one of the newest drugs being used by teens" Sir Leonard's eyes pierced mine before he finished "You'll be undercover in a high school"

Or maybe I was being punished.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Just the beginning!

Next Upload: Tommorow :)