Chapter 2

Another Upload! From here on, the story picks up :)

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

If you let me

Here's what I'll do,

I'll take care of you.

Take Care, Drake ft Rihanna

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

"I bring greetings from Los Angeles!" I grinned at my best friend and partner Marie. She dragged suitcases in both hands, her red hair in waves down to her shoulders, she looked older than 19, yet she acted much younger.

"How was it?" I laughed wrapping my arms around her, happy she was back.

She huffed "Lovely. Hot. Amazing. Hot"

"I guess that's why you're sporting that nice tan" I tried not to envy her golden skin as it shone, her red hair contrasted perfectly with it and I inwardly sighed.

Marie must've caught on to my tone because she rolled her eyes "If you'd just look at yourself in the mirror, you'd see that you are gorgeous! I mean look at those curves, and those legs look like they come up to your shoulders! And don't get me started on that chest..."

"Fine! Fine!" I was blushing furiously at her compliments, but secretly was thrilled that all my hard work maintained the sport like figure I'd always wanted.

Marie grinned satisfied "Now aren't you going to ask me how it went?"

Half an hour later, we were both perched by the pool. I was attempting to get a tan, and Marie sat animatedly telling me the tales of her training.

"So I was in the dorm and the boy was like seriously you're an FBI agent? And I was like yeah and he was like that's so cool and I was like I've been training since I was 13 and then he totally started checking me out and then..."

"Yes Marie, I get the drift, you were hit on my numerous Californian males, lovely" I sipped from my ice cold latte, and leaned back into the lounger.

She wrinkled her nose "I don't know how you can drink that, it's simply disgusting" she was currently sifting through the pictures on her ipad, not hesitating to show me how much fun she had.

I shot her a look "It's nice of you to try and make me feel better"

Marie snickered "A good friend will be willing to hear what an amazing time I had"

I sighed "And a good friend will be sharing my pain at having been stuck here in Florida with nothing to do but train, and now that that's done, we'll be flown to Minnesota in two days to go to high school"

"You should still be in high school" Marie defended "You dropped out in freshman year to get home schooled, I'm pretty sure you'd have been well on your way to becoming valedictorian"

I huffed "You should be in college, but you're jetting around the world having the time of your life"

Marie sighed "Look Renee, it's got to be done, you don't want to lose this job, being an agent has always been your dream"

"I just don't want to be a normal teen, it's like my parents and Sir Leonard are trying to rope me into leading a normal life, I want to finish my training and then be enlisted"

"And that will happen" Marie assured me "Just as long as you complete this mission and show you are capable, and think on the bright side, I'll be your new Home Economics teacher"

Marie looked too old to be a senior, so the agency had managed to get her a spot as one of the staff, she couldn't wait to boss me around and have me call her Miss Holland.

"Right Miss Holland" I rolled my eyes in the process of stretching "I'll need to pack"

Marie waved me off eyes fixated on her game of Temple Run. I sighed, wondering how on earth she managed to convince Sir Leonard to let her become a teacher.

I was busy folding my clothes into my second suitcase as Marie had managed to convince her stylist to make me look like a high school student. They'd bought me ridiculous amounts of designer clothes and shoes, all matching. I had been ordered to pack it all. Every single piece of clothing. I groaned at the ridiculousness of it all, and didn't hear my room door open.

"Renee?" my parents stood at the door, sullen looks on their faces, I turned away and continued shoving clothes into my suitcase, with more force than necessary.

"Are you mad?" my mother's voice was small and fragile and I turned around to look at her big blue eyes, watering slightly. My face softened and I shook my head opening my arms up. She rushed into them.

"I'm sorry, I thought he was actually going to suspend you" my father came closer and pulled me into a hug after my mum pulled away.

"It's not your fault, I'll just deal with it and hope I do well in this mission". One thing nobody would understand was how much I loved my parents. I'd immediately taken an interest in their jobs when I'd first visited the Headquarters in Chicago with them. Ever since then I had wanted to take in their footsteps.

My mother sighed in relief "I thought I was going to have to watch you go mad at me"

I laughed "I'll never be mad at you momma"

My father grinned taking in my suitcases "My baby on her first solo mission"

I blushed "Dad!" I whined as he ruffled my hair.

"Can we have a night together before you go" my mother asked, already making herself comfortable on my bed. I nodded eagerly, and watched my father put into the DVD player one of my all-time favourites. Beauty and the Beast. And that's how we curled together, our little family, and the smile etched on my face was enough to light a city. Forever.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Read! Comment! Vote! I'd really appreciate it!

Next Upload: Tommorow/Monday.

Teaser: Off to Minneapolis, Minnesotta.