Chapter 26

I don't know what to make of this chapter...But you know...try to enjoy it!

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

A plane ride and a few hours later, we pulled up at Blake’s house. There’s was an uncomfortable silence in the car as we tried to ponder what to do.

“What are we waiting for?”

“Our mom is depressed Brendan” Blake snapped “You can’t just waltz in there after two years and expect everything to be okay”

Brendan sighed “So? We’ll explain it to her”

There was one thing I’d learnt about Brendan Heyworth. He was an insensitive piece of crap. Said with as much love as possible.

“I guess we could explain it to her beforehand?” I tried reasoning “Maybe it won’t be such a shock”

Blake nodded “Alright Brendan stay in the car”

“What?” he cried incredulously “I’m starving!”

“You had about three subs on the plane Brendan James” I hissed turning around “Now shut it!”

He sank back into the chair a look of fear crossing his face “Well done Blake” he said sarcastically “Well done for choosing Medusa as your girlfriend”

I tried not to laugh at his comment whilst shooting him a mock glare “Jerk”

“Doof”

“Hobo”

“Skank”

“Paedophile…”

“Will you two just shut up?” Blake snapped I didn’t notice it until then but he was scared. I took his hand and rubbed circles into them soothingly “It’ll be okay baby, I promise”

“What if she can’t deal with it?” Blake put his head in his hands “She’s as fragile as fine china at this point”

Brendan’s insensitive ways couldn’t stop himself “It’s like fineeeee china!” he sang shutting up at the glare we both shut him “What? It’s a good song you gotta admit!”

“Let’s just go” Blake said shaking his head. We shut the door and walked up his drive not waiting long before the door swung open.

It was Lou and I grinned as I picked her up “Hey babygirl!”

She squealed “Renee!”

“Is mom in Lou?” Blake asked smiling down at his little sister.

She nodded “She’s in the kitchen celebrating!”

“Celebrating what?”

“I’m coming home!” she sang gleefully

Blake looked so happy I wanted to cry he picked her up again and swung her around his eyes glistening slightly. She jumped down and raced to the kitchen shouting “Mom! Mom! Renee’s here!”

“I’m so happy for you” I whispered

He didn’t say anything he pulled me into a hug his shoulder’s shaking. Happy tears. I didn’t know I was also crying until I saw the dampness of his short.

“Why are you crying sugarplum?”

I let out a half laugh half sob “It’s because you’re so happy”

He smiled before placing his lips softly over mine, I tasted his salty tears as I wrapped my arms around his neck and he lifted me so my legs were wrapped around his waist.