Chapter 36

I decided to upload cuz well...IT'S MY BIRTHDAYYYY! Yep 16th October!

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I saw police officers running , I saw woman and men in FBI uniforms.

“Renee honey, we need to get you out!”

“Mom?”

She kissed the top of my head “The fire brigade working on the flames…you need to get checked out. She was right my hands were bruising, my head was bleeding. I felt faint.

Then I remembered “Who got shot mom? MOM!” I was screaming “MOM”

She looked at me with so much pain in her eyes “Honey I’m so sorry…”

*

I smelt it first, the disinfectant and familiarity of a hospital. Beside me I could make out a face, holding my hand to their face.

“Blake?”

“Sugarplum…” he tried to smile but I could tell he had been crying.

“It’s alright” I drew him next to me “Baby it’s fine”

“I’m so sorry…”

“No” I murmured “I’m sorry…”.

“She’s gone”

I nodded trying my hardest not to cry “I know”. Marie had been killed instantly. I tried not to let the tears come but they did, in a steady flow.

“We lost a few students…” he looked so sad “And Mr T” our photography teacher. I held his face to mine and breathed out “I thought I lost you”

He nodded “I was dying inside” he kissed me briefly and then with more passion. We savoured each other, our every touch. It was desperate, raw filled with a deeper kind of love.

“Marry me…” he whispered

I looked up at him shocked “What?”

His face said it all “Marry me Renee”

I let out a muffled sob “Of course I will” and I allowed myself to get lost in his touch.

Things were getting better. People were healing. Trenton was now fine and looking after Lia in support of the baby.  Mary Kate and Brendan hadn’t been affected by the fire as much as others. A joint funeral service was held for Mr T and the students we had lost. And Marie…well I was never going to fully heal. She had requested on her will a funeral with colours and reggae style. I couldn’t bring myself to laugh at her choice but obeyed her will. The agency held a memorial in remembrance of her. My 18th birthday came and went; I celebrated it in the company of my fiancée. I still smiled knowing we were now engaged.

Finals flew by and graduation came and I was appointed valedictorian. I was in a small red dress as I clambered onto the stage.

“Good afternoon, pupils, staff and parents. We all know what an emotional past few months these have been and know we are still mourning some” I looked up at Blake who smiled at me in encouragement “At one point, I let the student body know that I was a certified FBI agent and at first joined the school with nothing in mind but mission. I met people, and I fell in love.” I glanced up at Blake again and smiled before continuing “Without this school, I would never have met him. Without this school, I probably wouldn’t have a decent education. Without this school, I would never have had the courage to pursue running and to…quit the agency” there was a pause “Live your life for those who didn’t get the chance to…don’t mess it up and if you fall…just keep on going” there was a round of applause as I rounded up and left the stage.

My parents waited for me with Blake’s mum as we walked to them, hand in hand.

“That was amazing honey” my father picked me up and I giggled softly.

“I have a surprise” Blake whispered to me. I turned to him, amused.

“I have a surprise!” my mother said mimicking Blake.

I laughed “Alright mom, what is it?”

She glanced up at my father before grinning “We’re having a baby!”

Before I could celebrate I spotted a familiar face in the crowd I let out a gasp and looked up at Blake he smiled “Surprise”

“Hey Renee” Phoenix pounded towards me and I hugged him tightly trying not to cry. I remembered promising him I would come back.

“Thank you” I whispered to Blake as I hugged him tightly “For everything”

“I should be thanking you” he said in reply “After all, you tamed the tameless”

And it was true, no matter how long it took. I tamed the bad boy. Actually, I’m marrying him.