Chapter 13

I'm back! Well i think it's only been like a week but it seems like years! I'm so thankful for all the comments and I'd love to reply to them all but exam stress is really getting to me. Love you guys a  million!

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

“Well, well, well” I trudged downstairs exhausted whilst Marie stood in the kitchen crossing her arms.

“What?” I was still finding it hard to believe that Blake had taken me out in the middle of the night and then taken my first kiss.

“Why are you so tired?” Marie asked, eyebrows raised.

I shrugged “Don’t know”

She sighed “We both know you’re lying”

“I don’t know what you’re talking about” a blushed slightly, fiddling with my hair.

“Right” Marie shook her head “Does a hot bad boy climbing up the side of the house ring any bells?”

I froze “Oops”

“Yes” Marie said “Oops”

I blushed again “Sorry”

She grinned “Don’t be, I missed that smile on your face”

I felt my cheeks heat “Yeah…well…”

“Come on, we don’t want to keep lover boy waiting!” I didn’t hesitate to throw a glare in her direction, lugging my school bag to the car tiredly.

I arrived at school and glimpsed Ashley lounging by my locker a cheery smile on her face “Hey Renee!”

I grimaced “Hey Ashley”

Her smile fell “Did I do something wrong?”

“No! No!” I said quickly, feeling guilty “I’m just…really tired”

“Oh” she nodded “Didn’t get much sleep huh?”

I sighed “Tell me about it…”

“Are you sure you’ll manage the rest of the day?” she continued to enquire “No offense, but you look like…the Grinch”

I laughed at her comment and nodded “I’ll be fine”.

Boy was I wrong. By lunch, I was exhausted. I was walking slowly down the corridor eyes drooping slightly. I felt two strong arms wrap around my waist from behind and smiled slightly.

“You look like the walking dead” Blake whispered into my ear.

“Thanks, that’s exactly what a girl wants to hear” I turned around whilst his arms still wrapped around my waist. I noticed the few curious students milling around and watching who the bad boy was currently in close intimacy with. I also spotted Mary Kate behind me scowling whilst I shot her a sweet smile “Do you want to get out of here?”

I mock gasped “You mean skip?”

He leaned closer, his forehead resting on mine “I don’t want you to faint”

I grinned “Thanks for the concern”

“That’s alright sugarplum” he pulled away, and I tried not to look disappointed. 

“Shall we go?” but he’d already entwined our fingers, and was tugging me along.

We ended up at my house curled up on the sofa eating ridiculous amounts of candy.

“So what you’re saying” Blake said incredulously “Is that not to get “eliminated” they have to pose nude?”

I nodded “Uh-huh”

“That’s stupid”

“Hey!” I said offended “America’s Next Top Model is so not stupid”

He shrugged keeping his head rested on my lap while I ran my fingers through his hair.

“Renee?”

“Yeah?”

“Well…erm…”

I snapped my head up, I’d never seen Blake nervous “What?”

“Do you” he coughed “Would you like to maybe…go out someday?”

I smiled as his ears tinged pink “Like a date?”

He nodded not meeting my eye and I smiled deviously “No”

His head shot up “No?” it took everything not to coo at the look on his face.

I nodded “You’re too ugly to date”

His eyes narrowed “Yeah right…”

 “You’re so cocky” I smiled “And I was only joking, I’d love to go out with you”. I felt that familiar flutter in my stomach when he smiled up at me, those same eyes and swirling irises, and the only thought running through my mind was: How could I ever leave?

Coach Hart was not joking when he said he’d got me a coach. I was pulled out halfway through English trying not to jump with glee at the look on the Scrooge’s face. She’d had something against me after I supposedly murdered Shakespeare’s A Midsummers Nights Dream with my “horrible” voice.

“Renee!” he’d shouted almost excitedly when I was lead to the gym “Meet Coach Ethan Jones” I was met with a young man, tousled brown hair and a big build; he had a small smile on his face.

“You must be the long distance prodigy!”

I blushed “I wouldn’t say prodigy”

Coach Hart shook his head “Nonsense, you are the prodigy of the prodigies, the champion of the champions, the…”

I cut him off “Right…I get it…”

“So” Coach Jones cut off “Call me Ethan”

I nodded “Okay”

“And be ready to practice tomorrow after school” his voice was so firm I couldn’t bring myself to say no.

I nodded again “Right”

He smiled in content and turned to walk away I turned back to coach Hart shaking my head playfully “You won’t give up will you?”

He smiled sheepishly “I don’t think so”

I laughed “Thank you”

He nodded “Anytime Renee…anytime…”.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

It's so much shorter than all my other chapters. And for that,  I apologise. For those of you who read the book for a bit of agent action that's coming up shortly and I tell you it's really hard work writing about guns and what not...Kepp Voting and Commenting my lovelies! 

PS: Make sure to comment below on what you'd like to see! And comment in any question you might have for the characters, any of them!